Where are the Iowa Ponies?

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I just bought my second Mach E from Stivers Ford Lincoln (great experiences, no games, no ADM) in Waukee, IA—on the outskirts of Des Moines, the capital of IA. My salesperson said she has sold 6 MMEs. Four went to the Iowa City area, home of the University of Iowa, and two to me who lives in a small town in the opposite direction. The owner of the dealership has a MME, but where are the rest of the Iowa ponies?

This is a great car! C’mon, people! Expand your horizons. If this old granny can adapt to an EV so can millions of other people.
Sponsored

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Hi, I’m not in Iowa, but I did just come through recently to ride RAGBRAI! We drove the MachE from CO, and had good luck charging throughout Iowa, including Waukee! Decent number of charging stations at Walmarts, Caseys, and some Kwik Stars. We found slim pickins up in the driftless area, Charles City has a fast charger at a Kwik Star (and only 80kW at that), but not many else in the area.

Congrats on the purchase, I hope you enjoy yours as much as we like ours, and I’m sure we’ll pass through again for next year’s RAGBRAI.

OP
OP
TGIF

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
RAGBRAI is great. Nothing better than eating church lady-made pie with 10,000 of your closest friends.

if you ever need electrons in SW IA I’m happy to share my Level 2 with you.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Mine's at the ramp in Mo, been there over a month now waiting to be delivered to my dealer :(

OP
OP
TGIF

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ouch. Mine sat for two weeks and I thought that was a long time.
Sponsored