Where do you want to drive but the charging infrastructure isn't available yet?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Is there anywhere that you would like to drive your Mustang Mach-E right now but can't because the charging infrastructure just isn't there yet?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maryland and Virginia's Eastern Shore (DELMARVA peninsula), West Virginia, and Central North Carolina were all severely underserved for using my Nissan Leaf. With 2-3 times the range in the Mach E those won't be as big a problem but are still big gaps compared with other part of the east coast.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In the midatlantic region where I live there are enough chargers to get by, but as @Billyk24 points out the northern midwest and UP of michigan are charging deserts. If I lived there, I doubt I would get a BEV

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
It is not possible to drive from Phoenix to Las Vegas in the Mach-E. Tesla has superchargers in Kingman, AZ and Wickenburg, AZ. EA does not. The only way is to hook into some RV park's at a Level 2 rate.

ddlt

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NX 300H Rx350 CX5 Mach E reserved Galaxy 500 in a time long ago
Country flag
NYC to Paris
Need better weather tech and iPhone waterproofing
GET ME OUT OF HERE. ?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
THROUGH West Virgina to head South or over to the East. Not much available on that route. We have family in Coastal VA, and right now, that trip might be difficult to plan.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Already have that issue, don't have to wait for the Mach-E.

I've made it partway up the "hand" here in Michigan in our Bolt, and part way across the "hand" but haven't driven it much further (It has been towed across the East coast and across Ontario but that is a different story since it wasn't under its own power--see pic at left LOL).

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It is not possible to drive from Phoenix to Las Vegas in the Mach-E. Tesla has superchargers in Kingman, AZ and Wickenburg, AZ. EA does not. The only way is to hook into some RV park's at a Level 2 rate.
Holy crap.

I thought you must be wrong cuz there's no way that Phoenix and Las Vegas could not be driven between in a CCS EV.

But nope, turns out I'm the one that's wrong. That's crazy to me!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Where do you want to drive but the charging infrastructure isn't available yet? Screenshot_20200514-112809~2

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Glacier National Park -- most of Montana for that matter.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Holy crap.

I thought you must be wrong cuz there's no way that Phoenix and Las Vegas could not be driven between in a CCS EV.

But nope, turns out I'm the one that's wrong. That's crazy to me!
Ah but if you were driving up 93 and have a portable Level-2 with a 14-50 plug you could stop at one of the many campgrounds around Kingman, AZ for a few hours and pick up a 7+kW charge... Since the total mileage between Phoenix & Las Vegas along 93 is right about 300 miles you'd only need some time for a reserve (if you were driving the 300 mile Mach-E that is).

Also note: I doubt you'd be driving 70mph up 93 so you may get more miles than 300... oh wait, I guess you would be going 70+mph (Check out streetview of US-93). Look you can stop at Dazzo's Country Store & RV Park for some Chicago Style eatin while your Mach-E charges at one of the RV sites ! LOL
Ford Mustang Mach-E Where do you want to drive but the charging infrastructure isn't available yet? Annotation 2020-05-14 175657

I'm a little surprised that the Walmart there in Kingman doesn't have an EA CCS--around here many of the Walmarts have EA CCS' and they seem to be popping up more and more at Walmart.

Who isn't up for an adventure? You're going to Vegas anyway! LOL

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ah but if you were driving up 93 and have a portable Level-2 with a 14-50 plug you could stop at one of the many campgrounds around Kingman, AZ for a few hours and pick up a 7+kW charge... Since the total mileage between Phoenix & Las Vegas along 93 is right about 300 miles you'd only need some time for a reserve (if you were driving the 300 mile Mach-E that is).

Also note: I doubt you'd be driving 70mph up 93 so you may get more miles than 300... oh wait, I guess you would be going 70+mph (Check out streetview of US-93). Look you can stop at Dazzo's Country Store & RV Park for some Chicago Style eatin while your Mach-E charges at one of the RV sites ! LOL
Ford Mustang Mach-E Where do you want to drive but the charging infrastructure isn't available yet? Annotation 2020-05-14 175657

I'm a little surprised that the Walmart there in Kingman doesn't have an EA CCS--around here many of the Walmarts have EA CCS' and they seem to be popping up more and more at Walmart.

Who isn't up for an adventure? You're going to Vegas anyway! LOL
"What could possibly go wrong?" - Clark W Griswold

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
"What could possibly go wrong?" - Clark W Griswold
LOL! Ye have little faith: A few phone calls will tell you what is possible or not and then head on out ;)
Sponsored