Where does BlueCruise work in the Mid-Atlantic?

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
It has been a few weeks but I was definitely able to use BC on I-495 S around the MD/VA bridge in stop and go traffic there. I think I also did it on the way back North through the same area, but not totally sure which part. But I think something's probably not working right for you if you didn't get it at all on that section of 495.
Yeah, that was a big section of 495. Thanks for the feedback! I just saw a YouTube video someone posted... when y'all push the steering wheel button to turn on Cruise Control, do you now get a pop up prompt saying to watch the road and Blue Cruise will let you know when in a zone? Like no matter when or where you are, just pushing that button now prompts a pop up in the IPIC?
Sponsored

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
i81 and 581 in SWVA (Roanoke) are blue zones. I believe all of 81 is a blue zone.

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
Yeah, that was a big section of 495. Thanks for the feedback! I just saw a YouTube video someone posted... when y'all push the steering wheel button to turn on Cruise Control, do you now get a pop up prompt saying to watch the road and Blue Cruise will let you know when in a zone? Like no matter when or where you are, just pushing that button now prompts a pop up in the IPIC?
I have a '22. Daily when I get on the highway, without cruise or lane assist enabled, I get a popup that says something along the lines of "Blue Cruise available, press [picture of cruise control button] to activate". If I push Cruise when the popup comes up, it does pretty much go straight into hands free.

If I wait a little bit but I'm still on one of those sections of road and I hit the Cruise button, then it doesn't say anything about BC... It goes into green-lines mode and then a couple seconds later it goes into either hands-on IACC or straight into "hands free" mode. I don't recall seeing any other popups.

Sorry if this is a shit description, It's probably been a week since I turned it on... I mostly just use it for stop and go.

Make sure you have lane centering turned on. I don't normally drive with lane centering on but when I go into cruise I just always hit both buttons.

Reactions: Nav

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I have a '22. Daily when I get on the highway, without cruise or lane assist enabled, I get a popup that says something along the lines of "Blue Cruise available, press [picture of cruise control button] to activate". If I push Cruise when the popup comes up, it does pretty much go straight into hands free.

If I wait a little bit but I'm still on one of those sections of road and I hit the Cruise button, then it doesn't say anything about BC... It goes into green-lines mode and then a couple seconds later it goes into either hands-on IACC or straight into "hands free" mode. I don't recall seeing any other popups.

Sorry if this is a shit description, It's probably been a week since I turned it on... I mostly just use it for stop and go.

Make sure you have lane centering turned on. I don't normally drive with lane centering on but when I go into cruise I just always hit both buttons.
Ahh thanks, that is helpful for sure. I know it's a bit hard to describe without visual aids, but I pretty much get it. I do wonder if that's a 2022 thing vs 2021. Appreciate the response! I'm moving to MD, and have our home closing this week! Planning to sell the car by end of the month, and thought maybe I'd actually finally get to use BlueCruise after over a year anticipation. 😅

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yep. Every time.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Bits and pieces of the George Washington Parkway along the Potomac on the Virginia side b/n 495 and 50

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
i81 and 581 in SWVA (Roanoke) are blue zones. I believe all of 81 is a blue zone.
Yea - My experience matches. All of I-81 and most of 581.

I commute from Roanoke to Lynchburg for work and the 65MPH portion of 460 near Lynchburg is Hands-Free as well (basically the portion that has no driveways/road turn offs/etc, only has on/off ramps).

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Welp, will just go down as yet another issue for me, and make it a bit easier to let go of later this month.

Drove from Lorton, VA to Columbia, MD and back. Nothing. I have never turned on the Intelligent Cruise with Speed Sign Recognition, but decided to do that along with all other driver assistance features I could think of that may "interact" with cruise or lane keep systems. Here we discover a problem. Turning on cruise or resuming the set speed gives me ICC not available error:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Where does BlueCruise work in the Mid-Atlantic? 1655219535551

I remember seeing reports here of losing Adaptive Cruise after one of the updates. That still works fine for me. I just don't know if the Intelligent Cruise has ever worked for me, or stopped after one of the updates since I turned it on the first time yesterday.

Anyway, enjoy your BlueCruise folks! If anyone wants to buy OEM 19" Premium Wheels, LMK! ✌

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Haha, we already talked... but didn't reach an agreement.

I am awaiting a Carvana quote - they wouldn't give me one online, had to do manual appraisal with text message back and forth. Heard from a friend that did this recently, they don't penalize for aftermarket wheels as long decently within original specs, which mine are. Another service I hadn't heard of before, called Driveway already gave me a higher preliminary offer. Let's see...

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Haha, we already talked... but didn't reach an agreement.

I am awaiting a Carvana quote - they wouldn't give me one online, had to do manual appraisal with text message back and forth. Heard from a friend that did this recently, they don't penalize for aftermarket wheels as long decently within original specs, which mine are. Another service I hadn't heard of before, called Driveway already gave me a higher preliminary offer. Let's see...
Did you try InRide? They give competitive offers as well. I've worked with those guys in the past and it was a painless experience. They negotiate very well.

Also consider a local ford dealership as they can take the car on the spot and cut you a check for whatever is owed. Ted Britt in Chantilly and Koons in Sterling - check'em out.

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
Thanks to @ChasingCoral for starting this thread.

Finally got BlueCruise yesterday so took the car out for a brief test drive today. Pretty much what others have reported. There are actually a few very short stretches of VA-286 (Fairfax County Parkway) that are blue zone. I-66 East from the Parkway to the Beltway/I-495 was fine except in the areas now under construction for new offramps and/or overpasses where it would briefly drop back to hands-on. Along I-495 from I-66 to I-95 South was all good.

Last edited:

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
I-195 through Richmond and the Powhite Parkway heading SW out of Richmond are BC roads. Rte 288 (the outer loop west of Richmond) is mostly BC except for a few interchanges.

Sadly, Rote 301 in MD and VA is not a BC road, nor is Rte 207 from Bowling Green to I95.
Sponsored