Where & When's the GT & GT-P coming?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Honda Clarity PHEV
Country flag
Just joined forum. Interested in the GT derivatives of the Mach-e. Looked around for a thread focused on Ford's progress releasing the GT's. Surprised that I couldn't find it front and center. So starting this thread. Happy to get links to some other that contains details without having to regurgitate it all again here.

When is the GT expected to arrive?
Are they all "pre-sold" for 2021?
If ordered today, when might I get it?
Where's all the GT love in this forum?
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I heard orders start later in April for reservations. Based on the initial Mach E launch, I would expect there to be several months before any deliveries start. late summer early fall. As far as new orders now, hard to say, but based on the initial higher volume of the regular ones, I would think you still would be in pretty good shape for the GT even for a pre-order now.

OP
OP

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Honda Clarity PHEV
Country flag
Thanks for response.

The Mach-E ordering configurator is really limited. Why can't the GT-Performance be selected? What's up with those absolutely atrociously ugly wheels on the "base" GT? Look more appropriate as Prius or Bolt rims.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I'm sitting here wishing my GT PE was on its way. I'll definitely be putting some wider wheels and tires on mine. I put in my reservation Dec 26.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
If ordered today, when might I get it?
really hard to say. The initial reservations showed that 1/3 of all reservations were for the GT. How many later switched to non-GT who knows. If the ratio stays true, there could be 16k GT reserved already. The other unknown is, will the plant stop making the other models when they start making the GT's for a while or fit them in with current production models. I would guess the latter so not sure how fast they will crank out the GT's once they start.

I ordered a GT January 2020 and then a week later ordered a Premium as well. What was interesting is my Premium order was an earlier reservation number than my GT reservation number.

I am anxious for my GT but my Premium should be delivered within the next 7 days so I have something to drive until my GT comes (guessing early Fall for me).

So to answer your question with a wild guess, if ordered now you might see your car mid-Fall to mid-winter.

OP
OP

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Honda Clarity PHEV
Country flag
Has Ford announced pricing (or the premium upcharge) to get the GT-PE ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X5 Xdrive40i
Country flag
I have a Mach-E GT on reserve and am asking myself these same questions! Any help or intel would be appreciated. I have a lease that is set to expire on May 15, trying to make my decision soon.

I am planning on upgrading to the PE, as I understand that is how you can get ride of the hideous wheels they are showing on the standard GT. Here are some additional questions I had on the GT PE:

- Will the GT PE it come with ventilated front seats?
- How much of a discount can I expect with A-Plan?
- Was the GT PE made available on Management Lease?
- How much of the battery life/range will be affected by blasting the AC in the Arizona Summers? Should I expect his to decrease the range by 10% / 20% /30%?
- Will Ford be offering any of the incentives ($1,00 off and/or 250 kilowatt-hours of complimentary charging on the FordPass Charging Network) that they offered to customers who have experienced delays to those who reserved a GT and was originally told that they would have it around this time? My guess is no ; )

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I reserved Oct 2020. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll actually take delivery until about October this year. As others have said, details are scant right now but going into April, closer to the order conversion, we should get more info

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X5 Xdrive40i
Country flag
Of this year? Were you thinking you might get a GT by then? You won't.
My lease is up this year, trying to get an idea of how long I would need to go with only one car. And how to potentially bridge the gap. It seems like most people are not expecting delivery until October!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My lease is up this year, trying to get an idea of how long I would need to go with only one car. And how to potentially bridge the gap. It seems like most people are not expecting delivery until October!
I wouldnā€˜t plan on anything before October. Could be longer.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I believe GT reservation holders received an email a week or two ago stating that some would be getting 2022 models, not 2021. If you reserve today, you will get a 2022MY. I'm guessing on delivery, but maybe Jan or Feb 2022 for a new reservation? You're pretty far back in the queue.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X5 Xdrive40i
Country flag
I believe GT reservation holders received an email a week or two ago stating that some would be getting 2022 models, not 2021. If you reserve today, you will get a 2022MY. I'm guessing on delivery, but maybe Jan or Feb 2022 for a new reservation? You're pretty far back in the queue.
I made a reservation in November 2019. I saw that email as well. This is looking less and less like a viable option for me. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to swing 6+ months with only one car to The Boss.

is anyoneaware of placing the order today versus just keeping it as a reservation would move you up in-line? Are they even taking formal orders on the GT PE yet?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Has Ford announced pricing (or the premium upcharge) to get the GT-PE ?
They have not. Thereā€™s plenty of speculation on this. However, Ford hasnā€™t announced this or even what the cost will be for features standard on the Premium (like pano roof).

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
- Was the GT PE made available on Management Lease?
None of the GT models are available on Management Lease. That may change, but there is almost zero chance the PE will be available.
Sponsored