Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
9 months on my Grizzl e avalanche . Not a hint of issues until just yesterday had a high temp at the relay error. Looks like they will replace it after I video the error
Sponsored

PalmS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla MYLR
Country flag
I just ordered the Autel MaxiCharger 50A this evening. It was on sale on Amazon. From what I've read it has good reviews and it'll be in my garage so I'm not worried about the cable getting stiff due to cold weather.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
With Tesla and Ford partnering up and Ford adopting the NACS charger, I was wondering which charger I should get (taking delivery of a Mach E soon..ish).

Is it stupid to have a Tesla charger + adapter as my home charger? I heard that Tesla does make one of the best chargers.
I would not buy one.....

I'd just continue to to the mobile charger included with the car plugged into garage 240v NEMA 14-50 outlet. I've used mine almost daily since Feb /21 to charge both my MME and wife's BMW 330e. The MME I usually charge 1/2 times per week depending on miles. the 330e is a PHEV, so usually gets a daily charge for about an hour.

curtisfinney

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V60, Subaru Forestor, 2023 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
I have a ChargePoint. It's more expensive that some of the others, but the cable is among the best in cold weather. The Tesla charger is good, and if you likely will have something with the Tesla connector, it may be worth getting. State of Charge on YouTube does a lot of good reviews of various chargers, to help you decide which fits your needs best.
I have a ChargePoint direct wired to a 60amp circuit. It works great!
Sponsored