Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Surprised about the Juicebox recommendations. I have a Juicebox 40 and thankfully noticed the feedback about the new app that they were forcing onto people with several broken features (including critical ones like changing max amperage). Mine still works well on the old version of the app but others havenā€™t been so lucky. This was a pretty enlightening experience and Iā€™m pretty sure I wouldnā€™t buy another.

I also have an OpenEVSE which has been rock solid, but Iā€™m not sure how alive that project is these days. If I were buying a EVSE today it would probably be Emporia. Everyone seems to like them. I have their breaker box home electricity monitoring and it works great.
I wasnā€™t aware that the previous JuiceBox app would still work. I miss reading the EV news tab.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I have been using a juicebox with no issues since 2018. Will use it until it dies. I don't use the wifi or app. Just plug it in and let the car charge.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I wasnā€™t aware that the previous JuiceBox app would still work. I miss reading the EV news tab.
Enel-X migrated everyone. If you use load sharing, they cannot migrate you, because that capability isn't in the new app, so they either don't migrate you or migrate you back when you try to setup load sharing (takes 24 hours and a contact with their support).

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Enel-X migrated everyone. If you use load sharing, they cannot migrate you, because that capability isn't in the new app, so they either don't migrate you or migrate you back when you try to setup load sharing (takes 24 hours and a contact with their support).
I thought I read somewhere that they also agreed to keep JuiceNet running for people who wanted to continue using it (after a lot of complaints). It was still working for me as recently as a few weeks ago, but maybe they added my account to a list after I complained to support back in February. Glad to hear the new app is improving.

JayGanz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I bought the Grizzl-e a year ago as it seemed like a well-built charger that just does what it is supposed to do. A few months in and it started to throw a GFCI fault code which required unplugging the unit from the wall plug to reset. The worst part was waking up to an uncharged vehicle. This is a known problem as it was one of a few selectable choices when requesting warranty service. It was replaced at no cost with a software update to automatically reboot after 60 seconds of faulting. It still faults occasionally but resets itself and continues charging. AN acceptable but annoying solution.

The charging cable is MUCH thicker than the one on the Tesla wall charger. If it doesnā€™t need to be that thick to handle the current, I wish it wasnā€™t as it can be like wrestling an anaconda. Well, not really but you get the point.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Your car will have a CCS port. No reason to buy a Tesla charger.

JuiceBox 48.
Walmart had the 40 for $400 the other day, I nearly bought it to replace my 1 month old Tesla Wallconnector. The other day the Tesla dropped to 24 amps and it was only 104 in the garage.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
I've got a Grizzle-E, which seems to be working fine. This is the standard, non WiFi version (which I've heard horror stories about).

But I'm keeping an eye on the Ubiquiti EV Station since my home network is entirely Unifi-based.

Unifi EV Station

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The portable charger that comes with the car works just fine. Use it until the CCS/NACS war is decided and THEN maybe buy an after market charger.
Your specific vehicle's charge port isn't going to change no matter which standard prevails in the future.

Also, it's the adapters for fast charging that have been tricky to create. There have been 'dumb' adapters from Tesla to J-plug and from J-plug to Tesla for a long time. Tesla would even include a Tesla to J-plug adapter with every new Tesla for the longest time, the home charging adapter is not a big deal.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Walmart had the 40 for $400 the other day, I nearly bought it to replace my 1 month old Tesla Wallconnector. The other day the Tesla dropped to 24 amps and it was only 104 in the garage.
That is the "Pro". Never seen it before.

dv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
The Tesla charger is one of Tom Moloughney's top picks:

I agree. I have two Tesla Wall Connector 3's setup with load sharing on a single 60 amp circuit. One Wall Connector has a Tesla plug (NACS) and the other has a J1772. Load sharing works great and does not require Internet access to work which is a plus.
Sponsored