Which cheap TPMS re-learn tool?

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
I need to buy a tool so I can set the proper tire locations after doing a rotation on my 2022. Which of these will work?

https://www.amazon.com/VXDAS-Programming-Training-Transmitter-8C2Z-1A203/dp/B07WDFJKMB
https://www.amazon.com/VXDAS-Relearn-UL-50448-Pressure-Monitor/dp/B07YHPYHL6
https://www.amazon.com/VXDAS-Ultimate-EL-50448-Activation-Multiplex/dp/B07FP933LV

I'd expect the top link would work except there's a single foreign review saying it didn't work on the Mach-E. Is there a different re-learn tool I should be using?
Sponsored

Last edited:

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The horn the car came with, push the emergency flashers button 3 times to get a horn honk. the dash will tell you witch tire to let air out of. release the air till you get a honk and move the the next indicated tire.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I don’t think you need one. I bought the standard Ford relearn and ended up returning it cause 1) didn’t work and 2) didn’t need it.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Not necessary. Just drive and the car will relearn the positions.
This

You don't need a tool. If the sensors are on the right freq, the car will auto-learn the positions without issue.

We could swap wheels and both cars would know which sensor is where automatically.

OP
OP

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
Ah, interesting. I had been going by this post which says the system must be re-trained when rotating tires. But I do now see @generaltso 's final post in that thread indicating the car does automatically learn the positions, which makes things nice and easy. As a side note this post (and @GreaseMonkey above) indicates the small gray tool with the green button does not work on the MME.

DanoiZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
air out of
and ended up returning it cause
This

You don't need a tool. If the sensors are on the right freq, the car will auto-learn the positions without issue.

We could swap wheels and both cars would know which sensor is where automatically.
This is not my experience. I bought new winter wheel and tire set from TireRack with appropriate TPMS sensors, but they did not automatically learn. I tried the standard learning procedure (Hazard/Horn)...no luck. I picked up a Ford TPMS reset tool from $12 and that didn't work either. Called TireRack and they said to take it to one of their local dealers. I haven't taken the time to do that.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is not my experience. I bought new winter wheel and tire set from TireRack with appropriate TPMS sensors, but they did not automatically learn. I tried the standard learning procedure (Hazard/Horn)...no luck. I picked up a Ford TPMS reset tool from $12 and that didn't work either. Called TireRack and they said to take it to one of their local dealers. I haven't taken the time to do that.
Sounds like they didn't install the right TPMS sensors.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I got wheels off of another MME (aftermarket) and they worked immediately.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine were purchased from tire rack too. It took a day of driving to reset.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It takes time for the car to relearn. I switch between winter and all season with dedicated wheels / TPMS. When I install the all seasons that came with the car, the sensors get detected right away. When I put the winter set on with aftermarket sensors, it takes 30+ miles to relearn. But it happens by itself if you have sensors with the correct frequency. Just be patient.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
It takes time for the car to relearn. I switch between winter and all season with dedicated wheels / TPMS. When I install the all seasons that came with the car, the sensors get detected right away. When I put the winter set on with aftermarket sensors, it takes 30+ miles to relearn. But it happens by itself if you have sensors with the correct frequency. Just be patient.
Thanks. It was weird because it was reading correctly home from Discount Tire and 30 minutes into an hour drive yesterday. Parked it and drove an hour last night, still wasn't working. This morning after I posted, it's working again. I'll keep an eye on it.
Sponsored