Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a6 & audi a4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
In my part of Massachusetts, Sudbury, I am supplied by Eversource. Electric Power Utility. If I want t refund for part of the installation, of a garage charger and a lower daily ( evening) cost of electricity, I must select either Chargepoint or Juicebox! I beleive that is due to the features they have, and other charges may be added in the future., but for now, those are my choices. I now have the Chargepoint, and expect to have it installed this month. Too bad I won't have the Mustang Mach E fow who knows how many months, for an order placed at the end of March. I actually downloaded the Mach E pdf manual. and printed it out.. That will give me something to do while I impatiently wait for the car! I did decide to put an electric panel in the garage as a sub-panel so the electrician can direct wire the Chargepoint, and if it fails, provide a 14-50 plug for the Ford mobile charger. A panel in the garage also allows me to use a circuit breaker for the Chargepoint, and a separate CGFI breaker for the Ford mobile Charger as required by code. Glad to be part of the Mach E family, even if I don't have the car yet.
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
DTE Energy here in the Detroit area has the same plan. Juicebox or ChargePoint or you don't get any money - it's because they require the homeowner to register the chargers which enables data sharing with the utility. Did your rebate come with those terms?

Specifically, our terms include:
  • Applicant commits to enroll in future demand response programs offered by DTE Electric, with an option to override the signal at a higher rate through an advanced notice if desired to do so
  • Applicant authorizes the Network Provider to share the charging station utilization data with DTE Electric, which will not include any personally identifiable information
Which makes me think that those two chargers have more advanced charger-to-utility software than others. The utilities want to be able to control EV charging and ensure it happens at the best times of day.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Same here with my utility offering rebates only on charge point or juice box. May be limiting but getting a portion covered is cool

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Welcome to the community!

Boy, you must be very patient to have printed that out. ?
Sponsored