iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
Recently, I often need to choose between these two:
1. Charging to 100% at level 2 at my workplace on Friday.
or
2. Charging at DC fast charge station for a short time, say from 10% to 30%, during the weekend drive.
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Charging to 100% at level 2 at my workplace on Friday.
Charging to 100% isn’t really the problem. Leaving it at 100% for a long period of time is. As long as you drove it after charging to 100% and didn’t leave it sitting for days, you’re fine.

Think of the battery like your stomach. Charging to 100% is like eating Thanksgiving dinner, you’re stuffed full and it’s uncomfortable for a little bit. DC Fast charging is like the Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest, a lot, fast, and something you probably shouldn’t do often.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Charging to 100% isn’t really the problem. Leaving it at 100% for a long period of time is. As long as you drove it after charging to 100% and didn’t leave it sitting for days, you’re fine.

Think of the battery like your stomach. Charging to 100% is like eating Thanksgiving dinner, you’re stuffed full and it’s uncomfortable for a little bit. DC Fast charging is like the Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest, a lot, fast, and something you probably shouldn’t do often.
Yep. Just drive it.
Months stored at 100% is when it kind of starts to be a problem. Days at 100% aren't a concern.
Sponsored