Which would you choose for "Lazy-man" Dash cam?

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
I'm trying to decide on Dongar + Garmin Mini 2 OR a Fitcamx. Which would you choose? Just want a basic cam for emergencies and would like an audio record for any weird interactions or cops etc. Other suggestions appreciated.

Also, on another note. I love that the Fitcamx looks are pretty much hidden (the gap bothers me though), and the garmin is slightly visible. Does anyone think that having a visible camera offers any benefit, like if someone sees it they might move on to the next car...where as the Fitcamx is totally hidden?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Garmin - and honestly you can route down to the usb behind the charge mat really easily. No read need for a Dongar, unless you really want the parking sentry mode.

Here’s the weird shit you’ll find when you have a dash cam.

I have front and rear cams (Garmin 57 front, 47 rear), they are the best aftermarket add on you’ll hope to never need.
OMG, WTF? That is crazy. What the hell where they doing?
I wasn't going to get the rear camera, I really just want it for accidents, and hopefully I will never need it. Or maybe record if I got pulled over or something. Most people are saying Fitcamx so, I'm not sure. But I have a feeling the Garmin is just a better camera. I ordered the mini 2 and it came from amazon today. It is so small, I didn't realize how tiny it was, I might look at the other garmin cams too. I was just thinking this would be huge, and I don't want something big.

Edit: I just installed the apps to see which one is nicer...Well that made things easy. Fitcamx doesn't look great on my Z fold4. I have to make it tiny so the app works. Sorta defeats the purpose of having a giant foldable screen. The Garmin app works perfect. So guess it's gonna be Garmin.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I have the Garmin Mini with the Dongar adapter, quick install and very reliable. Its one of those things that if you have it you will never need it but when you don't you wish you had!
My Garmin Mini is now on its third vehicle and hasn't skipped a beat. I would highly recomend the polarizing filter if you do a considerable amount of driving into a setting sun, it eliminated all the glare.

Tony

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the Garmin Mini with the Dongar adapter, quick install and very reliable. Its one of those things that if you have it you will never need it but when you don't you wish you had!
My Garmin Mini is now on its third vehicle and hasn't skipped a beat. I would highly recomend the polarizing filter if you do a considerable amount of driving into a setting sun, it eliminated all the glare.

Tony
Awesome! Thank you so much....I ordered the filter, but was worried I was spending money for nothing, so good to hear. I think it comes tomorrow from Amazon.
Sponsored