First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
@Ford Motor Company can you please publish who are the best of breed / certified EV dealer capable of servicing a MME by region.

I am tired of my MME being taken apart, put back together for over two weeks and still no resolution to the problem. They even caused a dent and scratch on the door sill in the process.

I am paying Ford monthly installment while driving a loaner VW Golf.

Ford as a company should put customers first.
Sponsored

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Unfortunately Ford doesn't own the dealerships so you would need to fully research a dealer yourself.
Where I am there are three Ford dealers within a 15 minute drive, and I will only go to one because they have treated me fairly for the past 25+ years I have lived here in Delaware.

OP
OP
Msnwcpa

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Unfortunately Ford doesn't own the dealerships so you would need to fully research a dealer yourself.
Where I am there are three Ford dealers within a 15 minute drive, and I will only go to one because they have treated me fairly for the past 25+ years I have lived here in Delaware.
What would be nice is for Ford to create Centers for Excellence when it comes to servicing EVs. This way there are certified techs all in one place to train and work on EVs and eventually in a year or two allow dealership to work on these beautiful cars. @Ford Motor Company

My dealer/service manager basically yelled at me "this what you should expect when you buy an EV, it's all new Ford didn't expect these parts to break and we are learning to service them".

Last edited:

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ford has an ā€œEV certifiedā€ filter on their dealership locator page. Isnā€™t that what you are looking for?

https://www.ford.com/dealerships/
Oh, okay it doesnā€™t actually help. I have 25 dealers within a 50 mile radius and all 25 of them are ā€œEV certifiedā€. Itā€™s a filter that lets everyone through.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Oh, okay it doesnā€™t actually help. I have 25 dealers within a 50 mile radius and all 25 of them are ā€œEV certifiedā€. Itā€™s a filter that lets everyone through.
ford's "EV Certified" program seems to be a sales carrot with no effective stick for repair and maintenance follow through.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Basically most all dealerships have become "EV Certified". There are certain tasks that Ford will require an EV Certified technician to work on otherwise they will not reimburse the dealership for the warranty repair.

If you take your car in for something like the HVBJB issue or a motor replacement it must be done by the EV Certified technician. If you take it in for something like an alignment or trim/body work then it can be done by whomever is at the dealership to do that work.

So, your request should be "What dealerships are competent," which Ford will never answer publicly. Personally, I feel your pain. My car has been dead since March 15th and I'm out close to $3k in rentals now. Reality is that most of the dealerships are dog crap.

OP
OP
Msnwcpa

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Basically most all dealerships have become "EV Certified". There are certain tasks that Ford will require an EV Certified technician to work on otherwise they will not reimburse the dealership for the warranty repair.

If you take your car in for something like the HVBJB issue or a motor replacement it must be done by the EV Certified technician. If you take it in for something like an alignment or trim/body work then it can be done by whomever is at the dealership to do that work.

So, your request should be "What dealerships are competent," which Ford will never answer publicly. Personally, I feel your pain. My car has been dead since March 15th and I'm out close to $3k in rentals now. Reality is that most of the dealerships are dog crap.
If it's under warranty doesn't Ford have to pay for rental?

My car is dead at the dealership and I get an email from the dealer asking me to bring it in for the 6month servicing šŸ˜‚

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
If it's under warranty doesn't Ford have to pay for rental?
Per the warranty it covers $30 or $40 per day (depending on the repair) for 10 days. That's it.

OP
OP
Msnwcpa

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Oh shoot!
If you have a case with Ford corporate they "can" extend it and sometimes, depending on the work, they can reimburse you after the fact, but none of that is guaranteed.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
What is your issue you are having with the car?

Formanrobs56

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Semi-retired ( PT bartender and live sound engineer)
Country flag
Would you please share name of dealer in Delaware that you have had a good experience d servicing your MME? I am looking for one in the Lewes/Rehobeth area. Thanks.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford's warranty covers no rental / loaners.

"Ford and your Dealer are not responsible for any time or income that you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel, telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or consequential damages you may have."

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...-E-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_09_2021.pdf

Yes, Ford has provided loaners to people that have had Mach-Es in for HVBJB failures, and other longer term repairs. Yes, some dealers MAY provide a loaner vehicle. And yes, the extended warranty coverage you can buy can also include a free vehicle if you pay for that coverage.

But no, Ford's warranty doesn't provide for any loaner.

OP
OP
Msnwcpa

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
What is your issue you are having with the car?
After a week long 1500 mile trip, the instrument cluster above the steering went bust. Apparently the harness/cables are the one that needed replacement. To do it they practically needed to take the dash out remove a lot of stuff from the car, including seats. The dealer obtained the part, replaced and realized at the last step, it's the wrong one šŸ„ŗ

Now they need to obtain the right harness and take the car apart again. I have zero confidence in the dealers capabilities the way they talk.

My wife is convinced that MME is not destined for 500+ mile travels šŸ˜€
Sponsored