unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I know a lot of owner are getting a reality check looking at their GOM as the temperature is getting cooler up North but I can’t wait to expérience my Mach-E in the winter. It’s an heavy car, so I’m curious to see how that drives in snowy/icy conditions.

Curious to hear about owners who went through a bit of winter driving!
Sponsored

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I decided to go with studded winter tyres, so having fun in the snow won't be an option.
A little worried about one-pedal-drive...

Expecting snow this week.

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I decided to go with studded winter tyres, so having fun in the snow won't be an option.
A little worried about one-pedal-drive...

Expecting snow this week.
I was thinking about I should go with studded tires. I ended up with Nokian Hakka R3 SUV (studless) as I found a set for less than half the price. We’ll see how that goes on the Mach-E.

As for one pedal, I think it might not be bad as the goal is to be as gradual as possible. I might switch to a less agressive drive mode to lower the regen. Thoughts?

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I know a lot of owner are getting a reality check looking at their GOM as the temperature is getting cooler up North but I can’t wait to expérience my Mach-E in the winter. It’s an heavy car, so I’m curious to see how that drives in snowy/icy conditions.

Curious to hear about owners who went through a bit of winter driving!
I got my Premium AWD ER the first week of February. Here in Wisconsin, we had two substantial snows before the end of February. I was very pleased with how well the Mach-E handled the snow both at low speeds and through the curves at higher speeds. Compared to other AWD vehicles we have now or in the past, the Mach-E did as well or better than any. Perhaps the weight helps but, with the AWD, it handled the snow so well that I have no interest in putting snow tires on.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Snow. Hah! That would require one to be in an area that gets some sort of precipitation. I’m in drought-ridden California. No rain, no snow. ??

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
We get frequent “black ice” on high humidity nights + dew point + frosty mornings. Speed + mass + loss of traction = Yikes. So really not looking forward to winter.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Went up to the show at the end of last winter. I have all weather tires on.
My mileage dropped quickly as I raced up the hill at better than summer speeds to test it out. No slippage in the icy snow at the ski hills. And gained some miles back going downhill.
First time I have enjoyed driving in the snow.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Snow. Hah! That would require one to be in an area that gets some sort of precipitation. I’m in drought-ridden California. No rain, no snow. ??
I remember in the 00's, maybe 10ish, it snowed on the Altamont pass in Livermore. I drove up there during lunch, brought some snow back and made a really bad snow man. Minus the hat, it was about the same quality as the one in the photo.

I'm getting close to finally ordering, and pondering the RWD vs AWD as I've never gotten to drive the RWD and I was thinking yeah, you are right, it never rains, wait, it rained last week, mud from farmers turned my white car brown. A week later it's already like it never happened.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
In Norway (with 6 months of snow...) any premium tyre works.
Some minor differences in strengths and weaknesses, but overall good (Michelin, Nokian, Continental, Good Year). Cheaper vary much more from model to model.
There is a lot of buzz around the big winter tyre test each year, but usually with predictable results.
They try to tax studded tires ("bad for the environment"), however with such a heavy car there is no option for me. My town is rather hilly as well.

All-season is not an option here.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It was 36F here this morning. Winter is not too far away.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Have we collectively decided that Whisper mode is our snow mode? I think I read that somewhere but I’ll be damned if I can find it again.
Sponsored