Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Not me. I despise all things winter. Actually, I also despise fall and PSL because it just portends winter. Anything winter is evil.
Sponsored

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
So we got 10cm/an inch of snow today. Worst kind, where it starts mild and then goes below freezing. Absolutely polished.

One pedal with engage mode was fine, doesn't regen so much you slip.

Easy on the throttle, as the rear steps out immediately you press it with any kind of firmness.

Tried one of our steepest hills in the city, my wife yelling at me for being insane going up. But it was fine. I even tried to stop and start again, and with one pedal it was so smooth with no slippage.

I just need to block the throttle from going deeper than 2 hair widths...

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Have we collectively decided that Whisper mode is our snow mode? I think I read that somewhere but Iā€™ll be damned if I can find it again.
Its in the manual in the explanation of modes. Whisper is for high efficiency and snow or something along those lines.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Its in the manual in the explanation of modes. Whisper is for high efficiency and snow or something along those lines.
I *knew* I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't remember exactly where.

Whisper
Whisper mode is for relaxed driving and adverse weather conditions. This mode decreases accelerator response at partial inputs and provides a more relaxed steering feel. When you release the accelerator pedal, your vehicle slowly decelerates allowing for a more comfortable ride. The interior sound is turned off and the ambient lights and cluster graphics are set to blue with a graphic that changes to blue as you drive at consistent speeds.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Not just no, but fuck no! If it snows in Seattle the whole fucking place shuts down. People can't drive for shit here in liquid water. Throw in fluffy water falling from the sky with minimal ability to clear - fucking armageddon!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Who else is excited waiting for snow? 1636407625836

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Not just no, but fuck no! If it snows in Seattle the whole fucking place shuts down. People can't drive for shit here in liquid water. Throw in fluffy water falling from the sky with minimal ability to clear - fucking armageddon!
The definition of a summer day where I live is when there is no orange ice symbol on the dash.
Furthermore, our "adverse conditions" is when the roads close and you have to follow a leading snow plow, with your emergency blinkers on, all heating off to avoid icing on the windshield (outside!).

I've been to California. I want to go back.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
We had one of the biggest snow's we've had in years here in Oklahoma a few weeks after I got my FE in February. I really wish I would have taken a picture pulled up at a DCFC station that hadn't been plowed yet. It was deep enough that the bottom of the car was scraping a layer of snow as I drove. It had no issues whatsoever in the snow.

My brother has a Chevy Bolt that he couldn't get through his driveway to get to the garage. Since parking was limited, he pulled back and the MME drove right into the garage like there was no snow at all on the ground. I was very impressed with how it handled the snow.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
In Feb 2004 Microsoft sent me to Atlanta and it snowed. I thought it was hilarious watching fights in the grocery store and people going nuts when the roads were wet and the grass was a bit white. Until I realized, I had no food and no restaurants. A buddy and I got "forgot" in a SCIF in D.C. once when it snowed. Had to call security to let us out of the building. We are sort of used to it here in Colorado.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
We do tend to get some snowstorms here. I'm right at the base of the Rockies southwest of Denver
Ford Mustang Mach-E Who else is excited waiting for snow? Feb 2011 Storm-9

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It was deep enough that the bottom of the car was scraping a layer of snow as I drove. It had no issues whatsoever in the snow.
I was curious about that as you read everywhere about how low the Mach-E is. I was wondering how much of a problem that was with snow. Weight and AWD probably helps plow your way through that I guess!

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
PSA: When you have icy conditions like what I had yesterday, unbridled with 1PD is not your friend. As I was about to make a turn in a entrance, I lifted my foot off the accelerator and as I was slowing down I hit an ice patch on one side. It made the car swerve just enough to make me say, oh ok letā€™s tone down that regen a bit today! Itā€™s like applying the brakes on ice when you definitely donā€™t want to do that.