Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The Pipeline in question mostly affects the Southeast. For supply, anyway. Price ripples spread much wider.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Who else is mad about gas? {filename}
Thanks for the summary. I really am out of the loop on this and was surprised our fleet people weren't complaining. But it makes sense now that I see the map. About 20 years ago the pipeline between Tucson and Phoenix shut down (coming from El Paso TX). Tucson had plenty of gasoline, Phoenix ran dry quickly. It was kinda crazy. I lived in Tucson at the time and people were buying gasoline and driving it up to Phoenix to sell at a profit. Talk about taking advantage of a bad situation and making it worse....
:rolleyes:
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Filling up electricity at home overnight is great (compared to filling up gas at Costco).

But filling up gas in 3 minutes every 300 miles in the middle of a road trip is nice too (compared to filling up electricity in 30 minutes every 150 miles).

Pros and cons both ways.
All the times we would otherwise have taken 5 minutes to fill up every time are given back by the few times we'll have to sit and watch an episode on Netflix while charging.

All the time we spend working are so we don't have to tend a garden and prepare and store vegetables out of our gardens.

Time shifting and trade-offs. We do it all the time without even thinking about it.

I work so I don't have to weave cloth and make my own clothes. The next generation will marvel how we put up with sitting an hour to charge our cars.

Last edited:

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
The stations near me are on fumes, most have yellow and red bags on the pumps saying try somewhere else. I'm in western NC. The Amazon distribution center near me has 70 delivery trucks, all on gasoline. They fill up 7 miles from my house and swarm the station all day. You can bet phones are ringing.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I am near the eastern shore of Maryland and gas has ticked up to $2.99. No lines yet though. I hope this holds out til I get gas for my mower

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am near the eastern shore of Maryland and gas has ticked up to $2.99. No lines yet though. I hope this holds out til I get gas for my mower
I was laughing as I drove past traffic jams caused by folks waiting in line at Silver Spring, MD gas stations yesterday. I could only laugh so hard since I was in my Tacoma but since I'm only using it to take the kayak to the river and back, my 1/2 tank will last until this blows over.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I was laughing as I drove past traffic jams caused by folks waiting in line at Silver Spring, MD gas stations yesterday. I could only laugh so hard since I was in my Tacoma but since I'm only using it to take the kayak to the river and back, my 1/2 tank will last until this blows over.
I am not going to laugh at folks. I do hope this drives more ev adoption

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It will, just like low oil/gas price periods drive sales of larger vehicles (SUVs/trucks) that most consumers prefer. There's always reactions in consumer demand when something like this happens.

I tried not to laugh at people in CA that dealt with blackouts and brownouts in recent years, or in TX this winter. Those people with ICE vehicles were thrilled they were still using gasoline. Especially the ones with F-150's +Powerboost that saved the day with a tank of gas! ?

Cuts both ways. I have both an ICE and a BEV now. I'm sure there will be periods where gas is expensive and harder to get, and I'm sure there will be periods where electricity is expensive and harder to get.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Since I haven’t received my EV yet I’m just thankful I have a great work from home gig and don’t have to worry about going too far until this BS recovers

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My laughing was at the panic buying behavior. It's as bad as the COVID-19 toilet paper shortage.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
At first coworkers thought I was stupid for buying an electric car, but yesterday, 5 of them asked if I could give them a ride if they can't find gas. Now, they all think I am so smart for making the purchase.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
If they can shut our pipelines down, they can shut our Electricity lines as well.

We're supposed to be good with more of our personal, business, governments data going digital and in 'the cloud'. These Hackers got 4-5 million in untraceable digital currency which will only make it that much more attractive for other Hacker Org's.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
9 year old Ford F150. I'm guessing 17mpg.
Sponsored