Who else reserved the cybertruck and can only keep one?

shoo

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I must admit I placed a reservation for the cybertruck... knowing my wife will only let me keep one and cancel the other!!

What to do!!! I want both!
Sponsored

Brianbarn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mustang; 2014 Explorer. Formerly 2013 Focus Electric
Country flag
I reserved one too. They will probably be a year or more apart, so maybe I can figure out a way to pull off both.

Blue

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sorento, Mini Cooper Clubman, Mercedes C300
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I currently have a reservation for a Rivian, the Mach E and as of yesterday the Cybertruck! Not sure who will get the final nod, I believe I have until roughly mid 2020 to decide. Pricing on the Rivian may keep me away and I like the larger bed of the Cybertruck. The Mach E makes the most sense for me however and it arrives a year plus before the Tesla

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
I believe I have until roughly mid 2020 to decide.
I also have a pre-order in for a Rivian and now a Mach-E. I've wondered also when I'll have to make that decision. I believe Rivian is targeting 2Q 2020 (I heard April) for their online vehicle configurator to be available. Ford says to place order will be "beginning mid-2020."

That said, for me a major part of the decision process will be taking a test drive. Rivian said they will be offering test drives closer to launch (late 2020) which means well after their online configurator becomes available. Not sure when Ford will make test drives available in relation to when we can place our order in mid-2020. So whichever one can offer test drives first will have a leg up in my book. The down side is while waiting for a test drive it will probably delay me from configuring my EV (the assumption is this process includes committing your order, meaning $$$) which of course in turn will delay delivery of my EV to me.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Rivian SUV would be so nice. I think I better look into that.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Rivian is the one I'll probably looking at if I don't get the Mach E.
Sponsored