CurtW

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
My wife doesn’t drive my MME but I installed FordPass on her phone and she gets all the alerts I see. I asked her if I should turn them off for her and she wants to see them. Guess it gives her comfort even if she gets alerts early in the morning that charge is complete or car is ready or something like that. She nicked named my car “little blue.” 🚙
My wife nicknames everything. Drives me batty! But she hasn't come up with one yet for the MME. Our's is white. And she noticed it has tons of power. So she started with "White Pow..." and I had to cut her off and explain why not. I'll let you know when the official nickname is set... :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
CurtW

CurtW

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
Sometimes my wife gets lost, she has no sense of direction. Her GPS does not always seem to work properly, so she may call me and ask me for help getting home. In those cases tracking her might be useful.
Man, I have a story about that. But she'd probably smack me if I told it. Let's just say someone found themself in the wrong state...

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Okay, before you judge me, please know SHE started this, and for us, it's all fun and games anyhow.

Before I even thought about using this feature to track anyone, I got nailed. Just a few days after buying the MME, I'm enjoying a lunchtime pool game with a buddy and my wife gallivants right in, unannounced. Like a weird coincidence. As it were, she found me tinkering with FordPass. (Worse yet, she whupped us both shooting a game of cut-throat!)

Sorta turned into a game of catching each other doing something when the other wasn't invited. Like when I caught here at Shoe Carnival when she was supposedly visiting her sister.

I guess a person could use this app for tracking someone for less playful reasons. Maybe a family member borrowed the car, or maybe car is at the shop like @Duchess posted. Possibly you would track your car if it was stolen? This isn't new tech, Lojack's been in the market a long time. Various bluetooth / wifi / GPS trackers been around awhile. But FordPass makes it seem more mainstream, more accessible than other options. I personally never used any other device in this manner.

Curious about your experiences, have you been busted or tracked anyone? What happened when you did?

Because of Apple Family Sharing, all of us are available in "Find My" or whatever it's called now. As such, told my wife I was going to work but I was actually driving to NYC to pick up a jacket she wanted as a bday gift. It was my son who told me that if I take my iPad and designate that as the device for which provides the location data for Apple's Find My, she'd never know where I was via my phone. So I stopped off at the office, left my iPad there and it worked perfectly. When I was on the way home and I was close enough to my office, I just switched the location to my phone and I didn't even have to go pick up my iPad.

While this worked brilliantly, I called my son on the way home and said "are you really in your dorm right now?"

OP
OP
CurtW

CurtW

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
I track my car, but I don't track people, nor do I think it's healthy to track people. I also don't look at my significant others phone or computer - ever. Respect and trust are far more valuable to me. While you can try to justify "safety" as the primary reason for tracking someone, I fundamentally disagree and based on everything I've seen in my line of work, you're likely endangering them.

The extent of tracking my car is home/away for automations and I'm the only one who drives it.

1679689163253.png
I agree with you, if it is un-declared, or stalker level, or maybe somebody else's kids!!! I hope nobody takes my question or comments to imply it's cool to spy on people without their approval. I leave that to Uncle Sam. Russia. And now, Henry Ford.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
FordPass is piker level stalking compared to setting up Ring Cameras, they let you have audio interaction and even a siren...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Who else tracks spouse with FordPass? Screenshot_20230324-185347-873

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Slightly off topic, but since we all have pony cars, I think it should pass: a friend’s wife was out on a trail ride on her horse. The horse got spooked and threw her. She was fine, but the horse ran off - luckily with her iPhone in the saddle bag. She called her husband using the phone of one of her riding buddies and he used Find My to find her horse!

OP
OP
CurtW

CurtW

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
Slightly off topic, but since we all have pony cars, I think it should pass: a friend’s wife was out on a trail ride on her horse. The horse got spooked and threw her. She was fine, but the horse ran off - luckily with her iPhone in the saddle bag. She called her husband using the phone of one of her riding buddies and he used Find My to find her horse!
...in the meantime, the pony maxed out her credit card using Apple Pay to order a bushel of carrots and an inflatable Appaloosa.

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Okay, before you judge me, please know SHE started this, and for us, it's all fun and games anyhow.

Before I even thought about using this feature to track anyone, I got nailed. Just a few days after buying the MME, I'm enjoying a lunchtime pool game with a buddy and my wife gallivants right in, unannounced. Like a weird coincidence. As it were, she found me tinkering with FordPass. (Worse yet, she whupped us both shooting a game of cut-throat!)

Sorta turned into a game of catching each other doing something when the other wasn't invited. Like when I caught here at Shoe Carnival when she was supposedly visiting her sister.

I guess a person could use this app for tracking someone for less playful reasons. Maybe a family member borrowed the car, or maybe car is at the shop like @Duchess posted. Possibly you would track your car if it was stolen? This isn't new tech, Lojack's been in the market a long time. Various bluetooth / wifi / GPS trackers been around awhile. But FordPass makes it seem more mainstream, more accessible than other options. I personally never used any other device in this manner.

Curious about your experiences, have you been busted or tracked anyone? What happened when you did?
"A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory." :)
Mark Twain

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
It's very handy, one kid rides the bus home from school the other gets picked up, don't judge, so I check my wife's position in pickup line to see if she will be back in time to meet the bus, otherwise I walk down the street. Also use it for starting dinner, I see they left swim lessons, I start the spaghetti.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Oh one time I called her out on a group text with friends, she writes, "I'm coming, be there in 5!" I then sent the group a screenshot, "you are still parked at TJ Maxx..." She was "in checkout line"

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

The GTPE is her car so when I am lucky to drive it I'm at the car wash.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

You’re crazy!

I don’t let my wife leave the house.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I didn't think about it either. Until she busted me.
I travel for work and usually have a rental. Looking through my records I put about 6000 miles on the MME last year.

In other words, it'd be really boring to track me
Sponsored

Last edited: