who have you met so far at the charging stations? ... any charging stations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3569
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 3569

I just would like to share this rather interesting encounter that I had yesterday while doing my One Day Trip from Orlando to the Lighthouse by Sanibel. While charging at a spanking brand new ChargePoint located at Colonial Sq Plaza in Fort Myers (5 CCS plugs and 1 ChaDeMo plug) 62.5 kW dcFast chargers.
I accidentally met a group of drivers driving three BMW EV's , I asked them what models they were and they would not divulge to me, they told me they were not yet released to the US market. They resemble very close to X5 suv's and Series 4 sedans ...Funny thing is that they were truly intrigued by my Mach-e. They did a cross country run and they were returning to the BMW headquarters in Woodcliff Lakes, NJ. Enjoy the photos ...

Ford Mustang Mach-E who have you met so far at the charging stations? ... any charging stations? IMG_2844

Ford Mustang Mach-E who have you met so far at the charging stations? ... any charging stations? IMG_2853

Ford Mustang Mach-E who have you met so far at the charging stations? ... any charging stations? IMG_2842

Ford Mustang Mach-E who have you met so far at the charging stations? ... any charging stations? IMG_2850

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Really weird that they wouldn't tell you a model name. It's in giant letters on the side of the vehicle (in your photos)... And it's on the BMW USA web site, too. Strange.

https://www.bmwusa.com/future-vehicles/ix.html
... may be the young lad was too long on the cross country road trip, perhaps when they started the road trip it was a secret and the marketing people the chicken out of the scoop. Note that one of the sedans had the BMW roundel masked off.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

It produces strange impression. The front grill, those two balls, are way too big, look kinda ridiculous. And the rear end looks like a van. BMW usually good with styling but this one looks weird.
... well from what I was told these are pre-production models, but at list the models were not camouflaged like "mules".
Sponsored