Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlas CrossSport, Tundra
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issues… I’m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and such…
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Someone please share some good!
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
We had a 21 first edition 16 months, Paak and that's it. Great experience so we bought a 22GTPE. Love it! Forums have a bias toward problems. Higher chance of reading about them. 10 happy customers may tell 1 person, 1 unhappy owner will tell 10 people.

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We've had our 22 Premium AWD Ext Range for 2 months now and have aquire about 3,000 miles with no major problems other than few quirks here and there but I believe ford will get the problems workout. I've never owned a car that I enjoying driving as much as this Mach e and I have drove a lot of miles over the last 45 years of course they were all in a 18 wheeler

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I've been telling people to wait for 2023. I was expecting some problems.

Issues I've had (job 1 ordered in Feb 2021, built in late June 2021, received in Aug 2021)
-12v died due to something wrong with a module that maintains the charge called the BECM. It was bricked on side of the road and took several weeks to fix but they did fix it.
-PaaK issue, last thanksgiving an update cleared out all settings and I had to set it up again but you have a backup door and start code and of course the key fob
-Lines show up on screen and pixleates but only when in unbridled mode for some reason and I had to reboot the sync a few times
-Of course the windshield and glass roof recall
-Lift gate auto opens anytime it rained so I turned it off. Less biggy.

Despite these issues I'd still buy the car because I really wanted a cheaper EV than a tesla but I have a backup car. If I didn't have that backup car probably not. It's the funnest thing I've driven but very polarizing on the road people either super hate it or super love it. Those that super hate it obviously haven't driven one though. Internet makes things look 1000x worse than they are. There have been very few 12v issues like mine or the other "stop safely now" messages that sorta brick the thing.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
No problems with my Premium ER RWD in the first 5,000 miles...

I suspect you'll find that only a small percentage of owners have experienced serious problems.

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
3 months, 2,600 miles, GT - no problems at all. There are some real problems out there but it appears to me to be a small minority. I enjoy the car and drive it almost exclusively.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thank you for starting this thread. I was thinking of the same thing. 2022 MME GTPE with no problems (yet?) for nearly 900 miles. I do have the new recall software update because my dealer did it last Wednesday. So far, so good!

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I've had several problems
  1. PAAK rarely worked - gave up.
  2. Navigation couple of times putting us at wrong location - didn't bother us too much.
  3. Android Auto kept dropping from time to time. This is annoying but hard to reproduce so haven't gotten dealer to take a look.
  4. Charge faults - probably got fixed after dealer updated some software.

droctane

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
84 Ranger 5.0GTP, 91Fox5.0SC,07SRX
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issues… I’m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and such…
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Someone please share some good!
6 mos ownership, 25000mi - only PAAK has been an issue. Oh, and occasionally needs wiper fluid.90 mile commute daily & weekend road-tripper😎
Ford Mustang Mach-E Who IS NOT having problems with their brand new Mach-e? 2021/ 2022 FF9FAA66-0505-4F14-87F8-BC38022EC1C3

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Probably should make it a poll question. I have 14 months and 24,000 miles with no issues. Windshield and roof recall was performed perfectly and I have Bluecruise now
Sponsored