Who IS NOT having problems with their brand new Mach-e? 2021/ 2022

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
CR1 for about 3 months, around 3500 miles. Apple Car play hasn’t connected a couple times, I’ve figured out how to connect it manually now. DCFC didn’t work at one station— not the cars fault as the station is notoriously bad, but it took a couple tries at the next station to connect. Ever since then, I’ve had to unplug and reconnect occasionally at DCFCs to get it to start charging.
Oh, and the trunk doesn’t unlock automatically upon approach with key fob. Not sure if it’s supposed to. I can open it with the fob button. Just don’t want to dig it out of my purse.
I love the car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
I've had my FE since April '21, now with 14k miles... no issues whatsoever...

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
2021 Mach E Premium job 2, 7 months, 4000+ miles.

One incident with Paak connection. No other problems.

Mv10858

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I have had mine since November of 2021 - 11,000 miles no issues - best car I've had

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
16mo, 18,000mi, I love my 2021 MME FE. While I love the car, I also am getting extremely annoyed at Ford’s ineptitude with software. Believe it or not, this is mostly what people are complaining about on this forum, with good reason. Here is an incomplete list of the bugs I’m still dealing with:
  • The car frequently does not “wake up” or auto-unlock doors on approach, or the driver door has to be opened before the other doors will respond. My single biggest annoyance. Could be PAAK-related….
  • PAAK still fails with enough regularity to be seriously annoying.
  • Impossible to permanently toggle off the alarm interior motion sensors (so now I literally have to cover the sensors with duct tape).
  • Car reverts to Guest profile every time you remote start. Yes, you can switch back with the press of a button, but it’s stupid design.
  • The car still double-honks at me occasionally for no apparent reason (PAAK is sitting in the car).
  • Many other random bugs too infrequent to bother listing.
  • Ford continues to suck at pushing meaningful OTA updates after two years.
@Ford Motor Company

1657554738402.gif

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My wife has 24K miles/18 month on her 2021 AWD ER. Only problem was a parking brake fault for which the TSB said to replace the wiring.

I had a 2021 AWD ER that I put 9K miles on in 11 months. Not a single issue.

I now have a 2021 GT-PE with 6.6K miles. Not a single issue.

Rotmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I'm now on my 2nd Mach-E.

I had a Premium 4X since November and put about 12,000 miles on it, just traded it for a GTPE (only about 300 miles so far).

I've had some very minor software issues (PaaK didn't work once, sometimes the pony puddle lights don't light up on approach, Android Auto sometimes disconnects), but it's been an amazing vehicle.

My brother just bought an EV6, and while it's also a great vehicle, I never even considered trading for one instead of upgrading to the GTPE.

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Purchased 2/19/21, Premium with ER battery. Have 11,491 miles. As you read through, we all have had the same problems and recalls. PAAK, windshield, roof etc. I have not been back to my dealer yet, no reason. I rotated my tires at 8,000K. I feel bad for those that encounter problems, hope that there not brought on by themselves. My only problem was not understanding Electrify America. I got like most, 500 free kWh’s. My first time I didn’t understand the process. So, I got stuck paying $7.31. That’s my entire cost of owning this vehicle. Have solar which produces more then the house and Mach-E use. Bottom line, everyone should own a Mach-E, have had so many walk ups and discussions. This site gets a little scary with all the problems. I don’t mess with the vehicle in any way, just keep it in my garage, charge at home between 20-85%. Life is good with the horse!

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I didn't have any major issues for more than a year. Only minor software bugs.

Like a strange bug I encountered yesterday. I was having a good time in Carmel, driving at about 45mph I turned on cruise control, only to see the warning message, saying "Adaptive Cruise Control is not available." That's weird, I thought it was always available. I didn't have the same message driving back on the same road a few hours later.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Navigation couple of times putting us at wrong location - didn't bother us too much.
Navigation is weird in Mach-E. I wonder what company they bought it from.
Just yesterday, driving with my wife away from home, she wanted to go to Panera Bread. Speech recognition just couldn't understand what we wanted. Entering the name in navigation search the car's #1 suggestion was 325 miles away. What kind of software developer thought it would be a good suggestion? 😅
Another navigation snafu was about San Francisco airport. Entering the name, the car lists several suggestions, none has description, so you don't know what it means, but all of them leading to any place other than the airport terminals. The problem, if you missed the turn, it takes quite some time to make a loop to get back.
The speech recognition is hilariously broken, I'm telling the car: "navigate to Walmart", it issues confirmation: "ok, calling roadside assistance" and I hear it's dialing the phone 😂

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The 45,000 owners in NA who aren't on this forum. You have to put things in perspective. A large majority of the people here complaining sit on their front porch every morning complaining about their neighbors too.
Them gol-darned whippersnappers can’t tell a Twinkie from a doughnut! 🤪🐩

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
FE delivered March ‘21. 28k miles. No issues. Love it. Second one on order since Feb ‘22.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
8600 miles since December 4th. I've had a couple of little tiny software glitches that are more annoying than anything, but otherwise my car has been just fine
Other than some truck dropping part of its load while the dealer’s guy was transporting your car from the wrong dealer to the right dealer, delaying your ability to pick the car up. 😱🐩

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do all you people with "no issues" not have the "electrical system drain, see dealer" message daily?

Maybe I expect too much but in 11 months/7k miles:
  1. Paak is super unreliable (unfixed)
  2. The driver's seat is always going to the wrong saved settings, even if only one of my wife or I are present (I can see being confused if both keys are present) (unfixed)
  3. Carplay fails to connect half the time when I get in the car and I have to reboot sync (and android auto wasn't any more reliable before I went iOS) (unfixed)
  4. We lock the car and it decides we didn't and beeps the auto-lock as we walk away (unfixed)
  5. We were stuck pre-1.7.1 for months (fixed after 6+ months)
  6. We had one door that would not unlock if it was the first door hit. Worked fine after any other door unlocked the car. Fixed when we got updates un-stuck, apparently? (fixed after 6+ months)
  7. Glass recall (which the dealer screwed up big time -- 3 weeks out of service for that) (fixed)
  8. 22S41 recall, which I had a dealer appt to install today except oops ford pulled the recall (???) (unfixed)
  9. "Electrical System Drain; see dealer" message basically daily (leave the car sit 12-24 hours seems to trigger it on wake?) (unfixed)
  10. Probably related to 9 -- I can no longer reliably remote start the car. Spins in fordpass, car won't start. If I walk to the car and open it, power it on, power it off, close it and lock it, remote start works perfectly after that (for some amount of time) (unfixed; discovered the "workaround" recently)
Sorry to hear you’re having so many problems with your Mach e
Sponsored