mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
16mo, 18,000mi, I love my 2021 MME FE. While I love the car, I also am getting extremely annoyed at Ford’s ineptitude with software. Believe it or not, this is mostly what people are complaining about on this forum, with good reason. Here is an incomplete list of the bugs I’m still dealing with:
  • The car frequently does not “wake up” or auto-unlock doors on approach, or the driver door has to be opened before the other doors will respond. My single biggest annoyance. Could be PAAK-related….
  • PAAK still fails with enough regularity to be seriously annoying.
  • Impossible to permanently toggle off the alarm interior motion sensors (so now I literally have to cover the sensors with duct tape).
  • Car reverts to Guest profile every time you remote start. Yes, you can switch back with the press of a button, but it’s stupid design.
  • The car still double-honks at me occasionally for no apparent reason (PAAK is sitting in the car).
  • Many other random bugs too infrequent to bother listing.
  • Ford continues to suck at pushing meaningful OTA updates after two years.
@Ford Motor Company

1657554738402.gif
Have you updated your software modules recently, or at all since delivery? I ask because I was having the Guest profile issue and Ford CS contacted me here on the Forum. I arranged with my dealer to get all the software updates done, and since then no profile issue. I had it done Feb 7. PaaK is more reliable since that update as well.

I suspect new versions of the software modules could help you.

Get a case number from Ford and have them help schedule the dealer visit. Then Ford should pay for the updates. Ask someone in the FDRS VIN thread to run your VIN and provide the list of all the open updates. Take that list with you when you drop off the car, and tell the dealer to make all the updates shown. Leave the list with them. I did that and they updated all my modules at no cost to me. The list was sitting on the passenger seat when I picked up the car, obviously referenced by the techs.

MachErena

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E select
Occupation
Safety manager
Country flag
I have a ‘22 Select AWD with 4K miles on it. I have not had any issues yet!! Knock Knock

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
16mo, 18,000mi, I love my 2021 MME FE. While I love the car, I also am getting extremely annoyed at Ford’s ineptitude with software. Believe it or not, this is mostly what people are complaining about on this forum, with good reason. Here is an incomplete list of the bugs I’m still dealing with:
  • The car frequently does not “wake up” or auto-unlock doors on approach, or the driver door has to be opened before the other doors will respond. My single biggest annoyance. Could be PAAK-related….
  • PAAK still fails with enough regularity to be seriously annoying.
  • Impossible to permanently toggle off the alarm interior motion sensors (so now I literally have to cover the sensors with duct tape).
  • Car reverts to Guest profile every time you remote start. Yes, you can switch back with the press of a button, but it’s stupid design.
  • The car still double-honks at me occasionally for no apparent reason (PAAK is sitting in the car).
  • Many other random bugs too infrequent to bother listing.
  • Ford continues to suck at pushing meaningful OTA updates after two years.
@Ford Motor Company

1657554738402.gif
Can ask what kind of phone you have cause I have IPhone now and looking at new phone but the phone I have now works great for PAAK on the Mach e I haven’t taking keys with me in 2 months now

EEcav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD-ER
Country flag
I didn't have any major issues for more than a year. Only minor software bugs.

Like a strange bug I encountered yesterday. I was having a good time in Carmel, driving at about 45mph I turned on cruise control, only to see the warning message, saying "Adaptive Cruise Control is not available." That's weird, I thought it was always available. I didn't have the same message driving back on the same road a few hours later.
I've had mine over a year. No real problems, but I did have this problem once. I think the problem was the Ford GPS was in a weird state and wasn't able to tell what road I was on to confirm the speed limit. When it can't do that, it will give you this message. I couldn't get the GPS to work for a few days after that, until I finally just deleted my entire profile and created a new one, which fixed the problem.

PAAK mostly works for me, but sometimes it does seem to not wake up for some reason. It's never stranded me or anything.

Carplay glitches and needs to be restarted sometimes. This became less of a problem when I read you can restart the console by holding the volume down and one of the arrow buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds. Carplay usually connects fine after that, even if you do it while driving.

Sometimes the motion sensor to open the back hatch with my foot doesn't work on the first try.

I feel like the auto wipers aren't very good. There are times rain is coming down pretty good and they don't come on. Our Chrysler minivan has auto-wipers and I've never felt they weren't on when needed, so I know it's a technology that should be able to work.

All that said I wouldn't trade it for another car. I love way it drives. Recently took my second long road trip from DC to Outer Banks N. C. and saved me a boatload of gas. This recent trip I had bluecruise and made the drive much easier between DC and Norfolk.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the 14+ months I’ve had the car, I’ve had the following things go wrong:

1. PAAK failed to work once. I used the entry code.
2. That’s the end of the list.
Any software updates yet?

Jim54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy SS 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
My 2022 RWD Premium has been perfect. Only issue is the daily discussion between my wife and I on who gets to drive it.

Somnus

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E Select AWD (Comfort/Tech Package)
Occupation
Assistant Parts Manager
Country flag
My 2021 AWD Select has been great, aside from PAAK being finicky sometimes.

BBBday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select 4X SR
Country flag
eight months and counting on a 2021 job 2 select AWD SR… 6681 miles including two road trips with no issues :cool:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Can ask what kind of phone you have cause I have IPhone now and looking at new phone but the phone I have now works great for PAAK on the Mach e I haven’t taking keys with me in 2 months now
iPhone 12.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e AWD AR Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
AWD premium std range, Feb 1 delivery, 3000 miles, no issues at all. I use the key fob. Paak is too slow but works for me.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Have you updated your software modules recently, or at all since delivery? I ask because I was having the Guest profile issue and Ford CS contacted me here on the Forum. I arranged with my dealer to get all the software updates done, and since then no profile issue. I had it done Feb 7. PaaK is more reliable since that update as well.

I suspect new versions of the software modules could help you.

Get a case number from Ford and have them help schedule the dealer visit. Then Ford should pay for the updates. Ask someone in the FDRS VIN thread to run your VIN and provide the list of all the open updates. Take that list with you when you drop off the car, and tell the dealer to make all the updates shown. Leave the list with them. I did that and they updated all my modules at no cost to me. The list was sitting on the passenger seat when I picked up the car, obviously referenced by the techs.
I’ve brought it into the dealer 5 or 6 times now for software updates. Last batch was end of March when they manually installed BlueCruise for me. Frankly, I’m too fatigued at this point to bother. And I’m sure the dealership service center would agree. I keep hoping and waiting for Ford to push a big cleanup update OTA… but I just don’t see it happening. They are just so bad.

I don’t even care about this recent recall fiasco, at least re the underlying issue, but it does once again demonstrate how terrible Ford is at software.

Ford installed some sort of token a long time ago which allowed me to record and submit bug reports in real-time. I recorded many. I never received any follow up and I think the token expired after 30 days. It would be great to have that back. Assuming Ford put my data to any use.

All of things are annoyances. They’re annoyances I can live with because I really like my car. But do I wish there were fewer annoyances? Should there be fewer annoyances? Yes.

Lloydian

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Bookkeeper
Country flag
I have absolutely no regrets about my purchase, but there have been occasional issues. Ordered March 2021, built September 2021, delivered October 2021. I have around 7500 miles on it.

1. The frunk open feature in the app has never worked. But I wouldn't use it that much anyway.
2. The PaaK feature occasionally told me I didn't have a key present. It was annoying enough that I now carry the fob with me. But since I needed the fob for my weekly car wash trips, I'm just as happy. I'll probably give PaaK a try again in the near future.
3. It was impossible to replace one of the tires with the OEM version the car came with. But I got one that was virtually identical, and when I replace all 4, I'll probably go with a different brand anyway.
4. Public charging stations seem to be poorly maintained. Last week I took my first long road trip, and there was at least one station out of service everywhere I went. But that's really Electrify America's issue.
5. I once had my big screen just go blank on me. The reset (simultaneously hold down volume and skip track on the steering wheel) solved the problem. While this is an issue, I've had SYNC issues with previous cars as well. The reset was easy enough.

Perfection is difficuly (or impossible) to attain. But I feel they've reached "wonderful" status. And yeah, we come here to resolve issues we have in one way or the other, so that's the majority of what you'll see here, but we simply don't post to say "nothing happened today" despite that being the typical experience. All in all, I'm pleased as punch with this car. Thanks to solar panels on my house, my electric bill has gone up an average of $10 per month over the same months in the previous year. And at 800 miles per month, if I compare to my 2015 Mustang, I'd need gas to be $0.275/gallon to keep up. Alternatively, at $5/gallon, I'd need to get 400 mpg out of my car to keep up.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Here's the thing - lots of us, including me, have had different problems at different levels of importance. There isn't really any car in the world that people don't have problems with of some sort. (Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or self-delusional.)

Some people have had substantially worse issues (e.g. "stop safely now") and those people are going to be active and vocal on a forum such as this, because they are unhappy and are looking for information, help, condolences, etc., and there's nothing wrong with that, but that means that they are going to as a result skew the view on a site like this. It's just how this kind of thing goes.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
2021 First Edition since April of 2021, 18,000 miles ..... No problems .
Sponsored