Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Escape, 22 Mach-E, Premium, RWD, LR, Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Three months, 2200 miles-- no problems. The dealer will do the software update (connector issue) tomorrow.
Sponsored

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
15K Since last october on our GTPE.. minor annoyances with BC, otherwise flawless experience.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issues… I’m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and such…
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Someone please share some good!
FE: No issues since Feb 21, now at 10K miles.

Forders1274

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
I consider myself a bit picky but I’m 2 months and 2500 miles in on our 2022, not a single problem to report. However I have never charged at a L3 charger and anticipate some annoyances there at this point.

Also bought an ICE SUV around the same time, wish I could say that was problem free.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Two months and 466 miles. The car has been in and out of service and today is day 17 out of service and counting. I might be able to get my car back tomorrow and it will have to go in for another appointment. This is very frustrating.

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Stromer ST-1, Cattrike, Mazda CX9
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
6600 miles since Jan, no issues in our GT-PE (other than a screw in a tire). Minor annoyance with PaaK, my phone is never recognized for CarPlay without using the USB connection. But since it is my wife's car, I haven't done the obvious and deregistered and reconfigured, so I figure that's really on me more than Ford.

Driving it is a joy, and my wife repeats how happy she is with it daily. Compared with her last car (Mazda CX9) the total cost for electrons for the six months is about 1/2 a tank of gas (and she was running a tank a week; and enjoying it less). It is her favorite car ever, and she had been a happy RX7 owner before we had kids (felt we needed at least a three seater when we gave it up).

So, yes, there are happy MachE owners out here. Mostly silent, as complaints are more generally aired.

fangfow

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE GTPE
Occupation
RF Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Who IS NOT having problems with their brand new Mach-e? 2021/ 2022 62EDDD50-948B-4DDF-A128-DD259869E9C3
Got to 11111.1 on 7/11 (wasn’t planned)… GTPE since November, no major issues, had PAAK failed once away from home and forgot start code (rushed in a password at dealership I though I’d remember- I didn’t 🙃); but has been great since.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Two months, 3000 miles. CR1, ER, RWD performs exactly as advertised. No problems worth complaining about. GOM has inched up to 350+ miles with typical battery efficiency ranging from 3.7-4.1 m/mKh. PaaK sometimes loses buttons for frunk and hatch, but that’s a minor inconvenience. No regrets.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issues… I’m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and such…
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
FE Grey.
16 months, 27k miles, 200GB of pictures and priceless memories, no issues whatsoever.

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Nothing major so far. Few minor issues with wireless charging, PAAK being flaky at times, thing with the headlamps turning on by themselves, etc. All of these, except the headlamp thing, seem to be fixed after getting the latest software updates applied to the car.

In general, it's a great car, the level of issues I've had with it are consistent with any new release car. If I'd waited to get a 2022, probably wouldn't have encountered any of them but the headlamp thing (there's an open service note for it, hardware will be required).

The only major complaint I have with it is that I had to go to a dealer to get those software updates, and I had to go through more trouble than expected to make that happen. They should have come OTA, without me needing to do anything.

Mosworthy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Had my Job2 2021 Premium AWD SR since last October
9000km
Car is a dream
PAAk is flawless
Android Auto is perfect

one 12v issue when it was -45C (-49F) here in the winter, but easily fixed. (it was cold)

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Who IS NOT having problems with their brand new Mach-e? 2021/ 2022 PXL_20220619_221452657~2

First Edition here, had it since March 2021. I think I had the 12V battery issue which was fixed pretty promptly; no mechanical issues since. Plenty of road trips; plug & charge has worked for me every time. I forget my keys at home sometimes because PaaK works pretty seamlessly now.

MachEPilot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E X
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
15 months, Premium Extended Range RWD we now have 27K+ miles on it.
Love this car, keeps getting better with each update. Charge it to 80% at home (w/solar), except occasional travel.
- PAAK issues were fixed with updates
- windshield/panoroof recall completed
- stranded 120 miles from home, high voltage battery contactor issue, being fixed now.

Still love this car
Sponsored