RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
Iā€™ve owned Scotty for a year and like others, Iā€™ve had the occasional stupid software tic now and again but I am still over the moon about having him. Itā€™s been the most fun car to drive and definitely nicer to fill up! Enjoy your MME experience. :)

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
In the 14+ months Iā€™ve had the car, Iā€™ve had the following things go wrong:

1. PAAK failed to work once. I used the entry code.
2. Thatā€™s the end of the list.
It's balked for me more than once, and I've used the start code several times, too.

It's not enough to not enjoy the car or want to sell it.

Still waiting for BC, too. But not something I'd use daily anyway.

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
ā€¦ That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesnā€™t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Someone please share some good!
I'm sorry to say, but what makes you think that question can be answered with a yes on any car forums for 2020+ cars? All new cars today has a lot of software, and no software is made perfect.

The car is comparable to a computer, and the fancy shmancy stuff are like the computer software in different layers. You can drive the car no matter what, but it needs updates to utilize it's potential. The dealer helps you update the software you won't get automatically.

Good luck finding a car that has zero issues ;)

Deleted member 3569

I have driven almost 17,000 miles on my Job 1 Premium RWD Std Battery since May of 2021. My long distance trips included three non stop round trips from Orlando to NJ and I have not encountered any earth shattering issues at all. I did have occasional PAAK drop out before the 21B36 update was done but it has been fairly stable. The Plug & Charge feature has yet to fail, and I seldom have any error charging at EA's dcFC stations. The thing that irritated me most was the 12 Volt Battery Fault - Service Soon pop ups, it is much less now since I have done a "re-conditioning" charge on the AGM LVB. The on board NAV is hard to use and I have to supplement my route planning with Google maps and EA's program to accurately locate the dcFC locations. I am happy with my Mach-e. I have yet to experience any symptoms related to HVBJB failure. BlueCruise ain't a Tesla autoPilot but it works.

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Just over 6 months and about 5k miles (we work from home), no problems. A few minor software "glitches", but nothing serious (i.e. a restart fixed them...or made them go away). We don't use PAAK. A few day trips, plus one long (1600 mile) road trip. P&C works great. So far we love this car.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
This thread is really making me want to trade for a different MME šŸ˜†

Blusteed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Mustang GT Vert PP1, '21 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
GTPE since November, 5k miles, no issues at allā€¦ though Iā€™m used to taking a key fob all the time, so havenā€™t really tested the PAAK system much. Love the car and would buy again without hesitation.

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
2 months, 2k miles, no issues.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I have a job 1 2021 Mach E that I got in March 2021. I have 14k miles on it.

In those 14k miles PAAK been a little flaky to the point I bought a 2nd fob but it still worked most of the time. Mostly just a little annoying.

Beyond that there are the 2 recalls that I have finally scheduled to get fix and I might have to replace the windshield due to a rock chip in that can not be repaired due to localtion.

I would gladly buy the car again. I have taken it on road trips with my wife and 18 month old daughter. It is my wife and mine main car. It has 14k mile put on it while our ICE powered car has had 4k put on it in the past year.

My wife was scepticle but she is a convert and is wanting to go full EV in a few years. She says she is sluming it when she has to drive her ICE powered car to work one a month when I go into the office. Yeah I lost my mach E to her but I WFH most of the time and it beats buying gas.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
10 months 5400 miles on my ā€˜21 Premium AWD ER. No major problems, just that PaaK occasionally doesnā€™t work and plug & charge never worked. Neither is a problem I canā€™t workaround.

Hardy1-76

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E-GT Performance
Occupation
Director
Country flag
People rarely write in forums on what the car does well - itā€™s typically because they need help or want to vent on an issue. Having said that, why not go to a competitor forum and see if the posts are more positive. I think there are challenges with all manufacturers, and just like with banks or insurances you will have mixed results. We have had our 22 GTPE and other than a squeeking breaking pedal and the occasional Infotainment reboot ( 3 in 3 months ) the car is been great and just fun to drive. I find the build quality and the fit and finish are great so far - time will tell how this thing will age.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Mine's been good for 8 months plus. Replaced the little battery, and the backup start passcode does not work reliably work. Otherwise, no problems.

Second best car I ever owned!
Sponsored