Who IS NOT having problems with their brand new Mach-e? 2021/ 2022

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issues… I’m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and such…
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Someone please share some good!
So, in summary, based on all these responses, stop worrying and pickup your new car.
Sponsored

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issues… I’m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and such…
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
we received our 2022 select rwd 70kwh in march almost 5k daily driver for her. Till this day no issues- we are conservative drivers. use till 35%charge to 85% onlyish- only dc charge on road trips , 2 so far. She loves her mach e

Quethas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I've had my car almost two weeks and I absolutely love it. Very few critiques so far. Remember that on the forums you are hearing the (very, very) vocal minority of owners. I think the math at the time of the recall was that something like 0.5% of cars had been impacted. That means for every car on the forums with the error, there are approximately 199 plugging along without issue.

Enjoy your new car when it arrives, I know I am!

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This thread is really making me want to trade for a different MME 😆
This.

Except... I realize the reality of it is that probably most people with "no issues" only have "no issues" because they don't do the things that are causing others issues. Which is why I posted that I do have issues in a no issues thread.

How many "no issues" people have 2 drivers regularly in the car with different seat positions?
How many use airplay for music, as opposed to no music or radio or (shudder) SirusXM?

Without knowing what people actually use that work, none of the "its great!" actually mean anything. If we didn't share the car and I hopped in and drove, maybe tuned to a local radio station, most of my issues with it wouldn't exist. Okay, my local dealer would still be kinda fail but ignoring that... I'd have what, the electrical system drain gremlin and the two recalls, glass and hvbjb? And both of those are because my car is on the older side (but not too much older, else I wouldn't have had the glass recall).

Iwtsyb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
Getting the car was problematic. There have been zero problems since it arrived.

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
I have to 3k on my car. I have not experience any major problems. There are a few odd ball things that I believe could be fixed with software updates. But fingers crossed not at the Moment and greatly enjoying the car.

22 ex-range Prem

znsilver

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Professional Photographer
Country flag
What dealership do you use?
I am located in Metro Detroit, I used Royal Oak Ford for everything! George in service is amazing there. Also Franco in sales hooked me up 14 months ago with my Demo Mach-E AWD Extended Range, with no markup and additionally took the sales tax off the MSRP for the demo.

Wonderful experience there!

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In 11 months I've only experienced "annoyances" for the most part. This came to a critical mass with a stuck 1.7.1 Power-up that motivated me to go back to the dealer for the first time in Jan '22. That update fixed nearly all the items that were bugging me. I will be going back to the dealer for "10k service" and maybe get the Blue Cruise update by the end of August. Other than that, there were some "false starts" with FordPass and PaaK along the way that were also in the category of annoyances, but I have now experienced probably six months of reliable service on that front.

Being an advanced computer guy, I realize we are potentially only a patch update away from a meltdown. To some degree that is the price to pay for ongoing enhancements and reliability fixes. I always look for how a vendor recovers from a failure that will surely come at some point, rather than expecting no failures at all. I think Ford has done an adequate on that plane. However, I believe they can and probably will do better in the future. Their survival depends on it.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Yes, it was. I won an MCA President's Choice Gold trophy.
The win was mentioned in the July edition of Mustang Times, but your name was not. Happy to see that Mach-Es are being seen, and accepted, at shows. The die-hard "not a Mustang" crowd seems to be fading away.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I have owned two so far, 2021 was fine except for the windshield/roof recall. But my dealer offered me a 2022 GT at MSRP with my trade in more than I paid So I never had it done.

My dealer called yesterday and has a 2022 AWD Premium with the standard battery so looks like the 2019 Nissan Leaf will be traded in for that making us a two Mach-E household.

I had a Tesla prior to the MME and it had its share of issues, enough that I traded it in for the first MME. My personal take is that EVs are a seachange in personal transportation so I expect some minor hiccups as car manufacturers figure it all out.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
How many "no issues" people have 2 drivers regularly in the car with different seat positions?
How many use airplay for music, as opposed to no music or radio or (shudder) SirusXM?
Three drivers here, love wireless Apple CarPlay and no issues.

But I’m not much of a complainer (still writing code to improve my Mach-E experience and have had my own share of bugs over the years so live in glass house) and I don’t let FordPass have my location but despite its nagging it works 99% of the time on entry and 100% of the time for starting. Even the wife stopped carrying a key fob which caught me by surprise (for a long time we only had the one key fob).
Sponsored