Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
The 45,000 owners in NA who aren't on this forum. You have to put things in perspective. A large majority of the people here complaining sit on their front porch every morning complaining about their neighbors too.
<barfly>
Wanda: I can't stand people, I hate them.
Henry: Oh yeah?
Wanda: Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.ā€
</barfly>
Sponsored

Solares

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTP & FE AWD
Country flag
Had my FE for 1 Year, done 27000miles.
And I am super happy!
The only thing though is that I have the BlueCruise UI in a country where it doesnā€™t exist.
Something got ā€œscrewedā€ during update. šŸ˜„

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
The win was mentioned in the July edition of Mustang Times, but your name was not. Happy to see that Mach-Es are being seen, and accepted, at shows. The die-hard "not a Mustang" crowd seems to be fading away.
My article "Why I Went Electric" should be in the August issue of Mustang Times, in the section allocated to the MCA's Chief Judge.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
This.

Except... I realize the reality of it is that probably most people with "no issues" only have "no issues" because they don't do the things that are causing others issues. Which is why I posted that I do have issues in a no issues thread.

How many "no issues" people have 2 drivers regularly in the car with different seat positions?
How many use airplay for music, as opposed to no music or radio or (shudder) SirusXM?
If someone has no issues because they're not doing things that cause issues, that feels like an issue for the driver, no the car. Given, glass and HEEBYJEEBY terminal recalls are issues, which are being/have been addressed. Memory seating positions or music presets aren't a car issue, is my point. They certainly aren't surprise issues, like a recall item is.

OP
OP
stephanieag88

stephanieag88

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlas CrossSport, Tundra
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thank you everyone for your responses! I didnā€™t expect the thread to have this many responses.

For those of you saying donā€™t come to the forum to see complaints, I found this forum through google and I did not expect so many ā€œcomplaintsā€ when coming. I honestly had an initial interest in finding out real time for how long it was taking people to get their vehicles. I actually got very lucky and took over a canceled order at a dealership in San Antonio (2022 Space White Premium AWD Standard Battery). Build started 5/26, Built 6/13, and now just waiting arrival.

I am not one to purchase vehicles over 50K, honestly because as a mother, I never splurge on myself. And I know this is Fords first full EV, so I expect there to be minor issues, but I definitely didnā€™t want to end up with a lemon. People definitely do come to forums or reviews usually to complain vs state the good, so Iā€™m very grateful for those of you who responded with the good, because itā€™s making me feel like this $55,057 vehicle is about to be worth it!

Thank you all!

SpicyMcHaggis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Country flag
I've had no major problems with my '21 job 2 premium. Had it five months, 6,000 miles, drive it daily and went on two, 600 mile road trips. I've had a few minor annoyances, like an occasionally laggy screen, but nothing serious. Overall I'm very happy with it.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
10k miles and no MAJOR issues. A lot of weird stuff, such as the A/C just decides to turn on when it feels like it.

Biggest issue so far is my phone charger is faulty to the point I only plug my phone in via a wire to charge and use apple car play.

Torchwood

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
4 months in and all is good. Better than good. Love it!

tony488

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang EcoBoost, 2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Country flag
We got our Premium STD range in March 2021. Only real issue was the failure of the front motor at 2600 miles. All else has been good. It's a fun vehicle in terms of ride, quality, features and onlookers. The windshield & roof recalls are scheduled for late July - hoping that goes smoothly.

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 Boxster S,(prior M3P,Mach E,Taycan), 23 Plaid S
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issuesā€¦ Iā€™m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and suchā€¦
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesnā€™t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Someone please share some good!
Had my (Job 1) RWD SR Premium Mach E for 16 months, 12,000 miles. No major problems to date. Haven't had roof/windshield work done yet...

Minor issues :

(1) Phone as a key was very buggy early on so I used actual keyfob for several months until a software update mostly resolved the issue have been using phone since with only occasional need to open the app and unlock the car from there (but nice to always have backup of passcode to get in and password to start the car in case phone is lost/dead).
(2) Though wireless Android Auto has been very good, bluetooth audio would drop often in the early days and still does occasionally.
(3) Since I usually drive in "Unbridled" one pedal drive mode, I don't often use the brakes, and brake pads have surface rust so when I do use them it is a yucky sandpaper kind of sound (not as bad as brake squeal but annoying)

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
15 months, 21,000 miles. No major issues. Minor annoyances that I would not necessarily credit to solely the Mach-E (GPS/infotainment issues that I've also experienced in other vehicles).

Also, besides all the complaining that happens on the forum, we have a pretty responsive community if we do have issues to help troubleshoot. :)

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
I needed a vehicle that would support my spine because the vehicle I was driving made me feel uncomfortable. I am not obese. Weight = 150 and height = 5' 9". After one test drive in this vehicle I accepted the dealers proposal for purchase of my 2021 Select /Standard Range/AWD Shadow Black Mustang Mach e. It was built in Mexico in April of 2021. Driven from the dealer on June 25,2021.
The following is my problem list:
1. Windshield recall - performed by a dealer contractor in one day. Windshield looks pristine.
2. Navigation disappearance. I lost the navigation feature for about three weeks and it reappeared spontaneously. I don't know the how or why but it works flawlessly now and has remained stable since the initial episode. There was a person who posted the same problem on this forum. It appears that a Ford official offered to fix her problem by supplying him with her VIN. HMMMMM. Magically both of our EVs got the glitch remedied.
3. Infotainment center screen appears blank. Three instances remedied by a soft reboot in which I learned the procedure from this very forum.
4. PAAK disabled after the Blue Cruise OTA. Rarely use it and frankly I don't need it(BC and PAAK). I learned how to reinstall it to it's former self through a post on this very forum(There are a few brainiacs who post to Mach e Forum).

My Take
I thoroughly enjoy owning and driving my EV. The body design is brilliant. The performance, while driving it on back roads, literally blows my mind. It took me quite awhile to learn the operational aspects of this vehicle ("I'm a Doctor not a Physicist, Jim"). The dealer's staff was not up to full speed with the the features that this EV has to offer at the time of purchase. Subsequently this forum is invaluable. OTA's are essential and they have performed flawlessly. The HVBJB issue is concerning and frankly scary. I want to avoid a tow like I would contacting the Omicron virus. EV's are novel and are very, very, very complex machines. Problems are expected. I am glad to have experienced the pleasure of owning and driving the Ford Mustang Mach e BEV.
Oh BTW. I purchased a Ford Mustang Grande in 1970 at the age of 19 and sold it during the gasoline crisis. The price spike was alarming back in that day. Never drove another Ford Mustang since.
Best of Luck

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Had some PaaK issues when I first got it but OTA fixed but nothing else.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issuesā€¦ Iā€™m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and suchā€¦
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesnā€™t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Someone please share some good!
Most if not all forums are just like the mainstream media.
Negative info always gets the most attention and people run with it, then it turns into repetitive gossip, and people start to believe it.

Every vehicle, from every make, ICE, Hybrid, or full EV had problems when they first hit the market and it usually takes 2-3 years before these types of issues are solved.

Not every Mach-E is affected.

Some vehicles are just built with a bad batch of parts and thereā€™s nothing Ford or any manufacturer can do about it because these parts come from outside vendors.

If youā€™re worried about the Mach-E because youā€™re reading all of the negative post, then your worries should be aimed at any new from the ground up vehicle.

There is no such thing as a perfect vehicle and all of the issues that youā€™re reading about will be covered under warranty.

Donā€™t let others dictate your choices.

BlackonBlack

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE
Occupation
Self-employed
Country flag
In the 14+ months Iā€™ve had the car, Iā€™ve had the following things go wrong:

1. PAAK failed to work once. I used the entry code.
2. Thatā€™s the end of the list.
2 months 1,300 miles no issues.
Had mine since 1/8/22 and no issues. My one quirk...every so often my wiper would do a quick swipe upon startup. Love my car!!
Sponsored