Who IS NOT having problems with their brand new Mach-e? 2021/ 2022

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
I’ve put 5000 miles on the car. One time in cold weather the side view mirrors didn’t auto retract when I remote locked the car. That’s the extent of my problems.
Sponsored

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Most if not all forums are just like the mainstream media.
Negative info always gets the most attention and people run with it, then it turns into repetitive gossip, and people start to believe it.

Every vehicle, from every make, ICE, Hybrid, or full EV had problems when they first hit the market and it usually takes 2-3 years before these types of issues are solved.

Not every Mach-E is affected.

Some vehicles are just built with a bad batch of parts and there’s nothing Ford or any manufacturer can do about it because these parts come from outside vendors.

If you’re worried about the Mach-E because you’re reading all of the negative post, then your worries should be aimed at any new from the ground up vehicle.

There is no such thing as a perfect vehicle and all of the issues that you’re reading about will be covered under warranty.

Don’t let others dictate your choices.
Here's a point you have, perhaps, failed to consider:
From the first introduction of the GT, people have decried the "5-second-limit" on full-throttle power with the the Mach-E...a limit the Tesla Model 3s and Model Ys DO.NOT.HAVE. That indicates to me that Ford knew, FROM DAY 1, that the contactors on the Mach-E were under-spec'ed and inadequate. This problem should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED, PERIOD. Fix it, Ford! It's your problem, not ours.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Country flag
Hopefully it will get a better reception than George Diones’ letter to the editor in the May issue. The responses from a couple of members on page 11 of the July issue indicates there’s still a fair amount of resistance to the Mach-E. At least President Steve Prewitt seems to be welcoming, unlike Donald Farr or John Clor. Farr appears to be reluctantly accepting things, but Clor comes across as downright hostile.
Steve Prewitt understands what's inevitably going to happen.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
From the first introduction of the GT, people have decried the "5-second-limit" on full-throttle power with the the Mach-E...a limit the Tesla Model 3s and Model Ys DO.NOT.HAVE. That indicates to me that Ford knew, FROM DAY 1, that the contactors on the Mach-E were under-spec'ed and inadequate. This problem should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED, PERIOD. Fix it, Ford! It's your problem, not ours.
But if you are in the know the first few years of the Model S had a similar issue. Tesla redesigned and it has not been a problem since. All manufacturers are gonna have issues I expect that hopefully Ford is kind and takes care of us early adopters when they fix

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Ummmmm, don’t you think what you just said falls into my earlier reply.
Also, since you just admitted that you knew the Teslas’ DO NOT HAVE the feature, why are you complaining about it on the Mach-E?
That sounds like a you problem because you didn’t purchase a Tesla.

With that being said, are you an electrical / mechanical engineer?

I doubt it so why are you saying that said parts are inadequate.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Country flag
Ummmmm, don’t you think what you just said falls into my earlier reply.
Also, since you just admitted that you knew the Teslas’ DO NOT HAVE the feature, why are you complaining about it on the Mach-E?
That sounds like a you problem because you didn’t purchase a Tesla.

With that being said, are you an electrical / mechanical engineer?

I doubt it so why are you saying that said parts are inadequate.
My major at UCLA was engineering. I'm saying the parts were inadequate because:

1. Other auto companies aren't having this problem...

2. Ford KNEW ahead of time that they had a problem (the 5-second limit), and "fixed" the underdesign by limiting customers' cars performance, going with a cheap, half-assed software "fix", instead of just replacing the contactors with the proper heavier-duty parts. Pennies-on-the-dollar saved, and Team Edison's reputation ruined. All will be solved by doing what the dumfux should have done in the first place, in the design phase.

3. The current software bandaid solution for contactor meltdown isn't working...as shown by contactor failures-after-recall-fixes. Again, a cheap, temporary, inadequate fix.

4. Ford watches this forum...how ELSE are we supposed to get them to implement a proper repair? Wishing? Complaints DO serve a purpose.

Green Machine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 250, 2022 GT 4, 2021 Mache GT, 2024 Z06
Occupation
Management
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issues… I’m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and such…
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Someone please share some good!
I have a Mach e GTPE, and have not had one problem 10 k miles. I did have a flat tire.

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
Thank you everyone for your responses! I didn’t expect the thread to have this many responses.

For those of you saying don’t come to the forum to see complaints, I found this forum through google and I did not expect so many “complaints” when coming. I honestly had an initial interest in finding out real time for how long it was taking people to get their vehicles. I actually got very lucky and took over a canceled order at a dealership in San Antonio (2022 Space White Premium AWD Standard Battery). Build started 5/26, Built 6/13, and now just waiting arrival.

I am not one to purchase vehicles over 50K, honestly because as a mother, I never splurge on myself. And I know this is Fords first full EV, so I expect there to be minor issues, but I definitely didn’t want to end up with a lemon. People definitely do come to forums or reviews usually to complain vs state the good, so I’m very grateful for those of you who responded with the good, because it’s making me feel like this $55,057 vehicle is about to be worth it!

Thank you all!
yea , they are pricey and new- so if there are some hiccups well we all could have waited(we are south of new braunfels by the way🙏💋

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4X 2022 Maverick
Country flag
I frequently visit this forum, and constantly, I see cars have bricked, there are recalls that only provide software update but not hardware update, charging issues, and easy damage to body of the car issues… I’m sure there are more issues to list, but this is what came to mind instantly. I even saw someone that said they were backing out of their order because they know that the cars are not being made correctly, thus the recalls and such…
That being said, has there been anyone without issues? I ask because 50K+ is steep for something that doesn’t sound reliable. Every time I get on here, there is a new fear that I could be making a mistake.
Have had my 21 Premium since January about 9100 miles on it and had no issues PAAK works CarPlay works however I do have to manually connect at times. I’ve driven mostly highway speeds so DCFC has been used frequently even in hot weather. I drive like I drive all my vehicles around 70-80mph on highways hard acceleration when needed. I don’t worry about about efficiency I just drive (past range anxiety stage). It’s been a blast driving and random weekend trips with the family to go chargers with in the state makes small adventures to places we would not normally consider going something we would of not considered doing in other ICE vehicles. We still have on the list to check out. Blue Cruse work as it should and helps with fatigue. It’s my first EV and I enjoy it. If my vehicle bricks tomorrow I will look forward to it being repaired so I can get back on the road. (Old mechanic and seen vehicles broken for many things…. eh oh well fix it and let’s go!!)

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mach-E #1: 2021 Job 1 Premium 8 months, 9,200 miles. Except for a couple of PAAK issues, car was flawless.

Mach-E #2: 2021 Job 2 GTPE 8 months, 10,500 miles. Car has been flawless so far. I am ready and prepared to have my HVBJB replaced with the newer version when mine fails.

I've owned over 45 Ford vehicles in my life. While the Mach-E is NOT the fastest, best handling, best riding, quietest or most fun car of any I've owned, it does all five decently well. The thing that actually stands out from any other Ford I've had (including Lincoln) is the quality of the fit and finish. I have never owned a car where all the exterior body panels have perfect gaps and interior trim pieces fit so well not to mention the lack of squeaks and rattles. Both of my Mach-E's were the same. All of this being said, overall the Mach-E is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I think it will only get better and I am looking forward to the Lincoln version if and when it ever comes out.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
I only have 120ish miles on my 2022 Mach-E Premium. Phone as a key didn't work once, other than that, no issues. My bigger challenge is getting acclimated to one pedal driving.

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag
Thanks for posting this so we can see it's not all doom and gloom! Waiting 6 months for a car and having that much time to only read about issues while all you have is a picture of it has made me second guess this purchase more than a few times. Still another month to go, so we'll see what happens when it actually arrives.

AndyP

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, F150, RX350, MX5, Bronco
Country flag
5,000 miles and no problems - Premium, ER, RWD

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
0 issues here. 5k miles, Premium RWD

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Late to the game here. ER AWD Premium, no major issues. 1.7.1 was stuck, I unstuck it with FDRS myself. I always carry a key so never had any PAAK issues but even when I intentionally tested it it worked fine. I did have the 12V battery drain once (issue with a dashcam) before I had the fix installed, but I just unplugged the car from the charger and left it for 12 hours and it went back to normal. Ummm, nothing else really jumps to mind?

Certainly the best experience I've had with a new car, let alone a brand new platform.

10.5K miles and 1 year ownership.
Sponsored