***Thread is OBE***—MMEs now qualify for tax credit—Who is still going through with their 2023 MME purchase despite the new IRS tax credit rules?

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Did you have a 2022 order ?

Mine is '22 pushed into '23 and getting $6500 PCO to offset the price increase.
Plus $7500 tax credit (if it arrives before March when the IRS rules on battery).
$2000 state CA CVRP
$2000 Ford Options financing incentive
$1000 Ford Pass VISA points
Net $37K before TTL.
I don’t know if the PCO reduces the selling price of the car, but the rest of those things listed are discounts taken after TTL. So your net is going to be higher by at least $1000, if not $1500.
Sponsored

jesta715

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 3 Series. MME Premium 2023 On Order
Country flag
Canceled my Mach E order two weeks ago after the Tesla price cuts and ordered a custom Model 3, amazingly took delivery on Friday. Say what you will about Tesla, but the buying process and delivery were the easiest I’ve ever gone through purchasing a car.

$47k for the Model 3, or about $36k after tax credits. The Mustang was going to be $54.9k or basically $44k after tax credits. Saved over $10k when you account for Sales tax.

Mach E was ordered in Aug and still didn’t have a delivery date, was certainly coming after March and therefore the Federal tax credit might be $3500 due to battery materials. Between that and the $10k saved above, looking at about $14k of savings.

Mustang is not worth that price difference.

Sorry to leave boys, it’s been a long many months on the forums waiting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ***Thread is OBE***—MMEs now qualify for tax credit—Who is still going through with their 2023 MME purchase despite the new IRS tax credit rules? E19536D4-0466-4A13-81CC-A9CB3AD793AB

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Canceled my Mach E order two weeks ago after the Tesla price cuts and ordered a custom Model 3, amazingly took delivery on Friday. Say what you will about Tesla, but the buying process and delivery were the easiest I’ve ever gone through purchasing a car.

$47k for the Model 3, or about $36k after tax credits. The Mustang was going to be $54.9k or basically $44k after tax credits. Saved over $10k when you account for Sales tax.

Mach E was ordered in Aug and still didn’t have a delivery date, was certainly coming after March and therefore the Federal tax credit might be $3500 due to battery materials. Between that and the $10k saved above, looking at about $14k of savings.

Mustang is not worth that price difference.

Sorry to leave boys, it’s been a long many months on the forums waiting.

E19536D4-0466-4A13-81CC-A9CB3AD793AB.jpeg

Is your Model 3 RWD and does it have USS (ultra sonic sensor/radar)? I don't think Tesla is building M3LR now according to the website.

I've never thought it was fair to compare a M3 with a Mach-E since the 3 is a sedan. Driving height/storage space, ingress/egress, etc are totally different between the cars so I never understood why people did that (maybe to just justify their purchase honestly that they saved $$ comparing two pretty different market cars). The M3 and the MY is your $10k difference there.

A more fair comparison is the MY and obviously, the Tesla price cuts make it hard to stomach a higher priced Mach-E now.

A MY would still be much higher priced than my Mach-E ( well < $40k). I still think Ford would have to respond with something (they responded with their own price cuts after I read the post about it), but both cars certainly have their own strong points.

I would think if folks see an on the lot car, they will have some room to get MSRP at least and if < $55k, you'd look at $47.5k. You do lose the supercharging network and more range on the Y for sure.

Last edited:

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Is your Model 3 RWD and does it have USS (ultra sonic sensor/radar)? I don't think Tesla is building M3LR now according to the website.

I've never thought it was fair to compare a M3 with a Mach-E since the 3 is a sedan. Driving height/storage space, ingress/egress, etc are totally different between the cars so I never understood why people did that (maybe to just justify their purchase honestly that they saved $$ comparing two pretty different market cars). The M3 and the MY is your $10k difference there.

A more fair comparison is the MY and obviously, the Tesla price cuts make it hard to stomach a higher priced Mach-E now.

A MY would still be much higher priced than my Mach-E ( well < $40k). I still think Ford would have to respond with something, but both cars certainly have their own strong points.

I would think if folks see an on the lot car, they will have some room to get MSRP at least and if < $55k, you'd look at $47.5k. You do lose the supercharging network and more range on the Y for sure.
Well noted - the MY is more a crossover character like the MME.

MY and MME is more like comparing apples to apples.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I don’t know if the PCO reduces the selling price of the car, but the rest of those things listed are discounts taken after TTL. So your net is going to be higher by at least $1000, if not $1500.
Yes, you are correct, California taxes the entire MSRP first then the PCO rebate, Options incentive & Ford Credit, and down payment are deducted post tax.

So about $1700 more net cost but at least I can enjoy 2023 with almost no federal taxes withheld ($750/month) from my employer for the rest of the year. 🎉

Plus I am getting a 2022 ⚡ EV purchase fully refunded on my '22 taxes next month because I did waited till the end of the year and not taken taxes out in the 2nd half of 2022....

Total for 2023, I'll be getting $15K to spend thanks to 2 EVs.... 🙌

jesta715

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 3 Series. MME Premium 2023 On Order
Country flag

A MY would still be much higher priced than my Mach-E ( well < $40k). I still think Ford would have to respond with something (they responded with their own price cuts after I read the post about it), but both cars certainly have their own strong points.

It is RWD and much faster than I expected, throws you back in the seat when slamming the pedal. Range is about 270mi on Std, over 20mil more than the Std range Mustang I had on order.

NO USS, they are rolling out a software update to utilize the cameras instead.

Model Y dual motor is 4.8s 0-60 and goes over 300mi for like 52k. Same spec Mustang is over 60k and thus missed the tax credit. There is probably a 20k gap between the two when taking into account tax credit.

Mustang prices way off base

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Did you have a 2022 order ?

Mine is '22 pushed into '23 and getting $6500 PCO to offset the price increase.
Plus $7500 tax credit (if it arrives before March when the IRS rules on battery).
$2000 state CA CVRP
$2000 Ford Options financing incentive
$1000 Ford Pass VISA points
Net $37K before TTL.

Current on lot So Cal MMEs are still commanding ADM - $5K - $10K here in LA.
My current order is a 2023 Premium 4X.

Wow, that is an amazing deal! I really should have ordered a 2022 towards the end of the order period.

Instead, I was dealing with a sick MachE that became a Lemon Law and had to take Ford to Court (thank you State of CA for consumer-forward laws!), but didn’t get over the repairs in time to get a 2022 order in.

I did pickup a 2022 RWD CA RT1 at MSRP this Fall without an order so I scored there (except forgot I had access to X -Plan until a day after purchase - whoops). I love this car more than my first MachE - BlueCruise + Extended Range adds so much value to me for road trips that my Select didn’t have.

I love my CART1 but was spoiled by AWD power and an automatic hatch so I placed an order for a 2023 Premium AWD ExtBattery in December. Alas, with the tax credit changes I am on the fence with picking it up whenever it appears (it’s still not in production). The 2022 Route1 model is great - but I wouldn’t mind the premium features just not at the inflated post-tax credit price.

Last edited:

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It is RWD and much faster than I expected, throws you back in the seat when slamming the pedal. Range is about 270mi on Std, over 20mil more than the Std range Mustang I had on order.

NO USS, they are rolling out a software update to utilize the cameras instead.

Model Y dual motor is 4.8s 0-60 and goes over 300mi for like 52k. Same spec Mustang is over 60k and thus missed the tax credit. There is probably a 20k gap between the two when taking into account tax credit.

Mustang prices way off base

You do know that Tesla has lower real world range than advertised right (you can google any article). A lot of folks won't take a non-USS car from posts I read, but you are free to believe camera only is superior.

As long as you're happy, that's good enough. I still don't buy any comparisons with M3 vs. Mach-E, but will agree that < $55k MY is compelling (but not for me). Why I got the cheap Mach-E which the MY can't compete with price wise even at current prices (mine was a lot lower).

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
And the price is down!!!! Game changer as of today.

I have the MY on order still (coulda saved $250 on the MY deposit if Ford had moved a bit faster), but the calculus has turned this back to a true toss up. The $7500 back in play is HUGE.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
And the price is down!!!! Game changer as of today.

I have the MY on order still (coulda saved $250 on the MY deposit if Ford had moved a bit faster), but the calculus has turned this back to a true toss up. The $7500 back in play is HUGE.
Which trim and MSRP do you have on order ?

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
Any '23 on a lot, GO TODAY. There are $56k-$59k vehicles on lots that will likely disappear soon. Expect MSRP or the attempted return of ADM. Fight for MSRP and there's a deal to be had.

I still think the apples to apples comparison to the MY is the long range, but at least things are close again where its a "which car do you prefer comparison".

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
I revised a chart I have posted in a few places that I think helps people break down the actual numbers. Compared are the MY I have on order and my PCO-protected Premium '23 AWD order.

NEW PRICES!.png

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I revised a chart I have posted in a few places that I think helps people break down the actual numbers. Compared are the MY I have on order and my PCO-protected Premium '23 AWD order.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ***Thread is OBE***—MMEs now qualify for tax credit—Who is still going through with their 2023 MME purchase despite the new IRS tax credit rules? NEW PRICES!

I didn't know Tesla has a 360 degree camera? I think I saw a vid once where someone was showing like a simulated car block thing or something, but looks like a 80s pixel game or something. Looks pretty bad unless they added something new, but I don't think it's possible because they have sentry mode and cameras are differently located.

Sentry mode is cool though and something that car makers can OEM install and make monthly fees on (for cloud video storage and live viewing).

Tesla also has no radar in front, no Android Auto. There are probably more detailed posts online of what's lacking/missing between the cars.

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
I didn't know Tesla has a 360 degree camera? I think I saw a vid once where someone was showing like a simulated car block thing or something, but looks like a 80s pixel game or something. Looks pretty bad unless they added something new, but I don't think it's possible because they have sentry mode and cameras are differently located.

Sentry mode is cool though and something that car makers can OEM install and make monthly fees on (for cloud video storage and live viewing).

Tesla also has no radar in front, no Android Auto. There are probably more detailed posts online of what's lacking/missing between the cars.
Not an overhead stitch together 360, but they have the cameras on all 4 sides engaged as a driver assist. So you see your blind spot on a lane change or behind you backing up. It’s a pretty good system and great for Sentry.
Sponsored