Whoa! 300 miles possible on a SR RWD!

MachEnation

Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
...well technically 299.2

I've had my SR RWD Mach E for a week and--regrettably--have only been driving it around town. Low speed/stop & go. 1PD mostly. High 80s/low 90s. A/C at a comfortable 72.

Been tracking the miles/kWh and I'm consistently getting 4.4.

Assuming 68 kWh usable, this would give me almost 300 miles on a SR battery under these favorable conditions. Not too bad.

Obviously, my expectations will change when the e-heat is blasting, it's below freezing, and I'm driving the interstate. But still, nice to get a sense at this early stage of the game what the possible top range is in ideal conditions with a fresh battery.
Advertisement

RockwallRick

Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram, Ford MME AWD EXT
Country flag
...well technically 299.2

I've had my SR RWD Mach E for a week and--regrettably--have only been driving it around town. Low speed/stop & go. 1PD mostly. High 80s/low 90s. A/C at a comfortable 72.

Been tracking the miles/kWh and I'm consistently getting 4.4.

Assuming 68 kWh usable, this would give me almost 300 miles on a SR battery under these favorable conditions. Not too bad.

Obviously, my expectations will change when the e-heat is blasting, it's below freezing, and I'm driving the interstate. But still, nice to get a sense at this early stage of the game what the possible top range is in ideal conditions with a fresh battery.
I think it is possible on a EXT AWD as well. Probably need to average at least 3.5 miles per kWh.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I think it is possible on a EXT AWD as well. Probably need to average at least 3.5 miles per kWh.
There are people doing better than 300 here. 300 seems to be close to the norm for ER AWD.

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Only two weeks in, but I also have an SR RWD with similar driving, so I hope to follow in your shoes!
Not to deflate any balloons yet, but was reading a few threads where people were questioning the "accuracy" of the average kWh/mile displayed on the trip meter based on remaining battery % and actual miles driven. I'll need some more real-world testing to get a better sense.

However, I do recall from my experience driving a Chevy Volt that it was quite common to get around 70 EV miles in local fair weather driving--a good 30% improvement over the rated 53 miles. Having a 30% improvement on the SR RWD would definitely push the 230 mile rated SR to the 300 range.

RedStallion

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Nissan, BMW
Country flag
I know a five mile loop where I can consistently make 5.6m/kWh driving slowly and carefully.
Alas, my average so far is only 3.3mi/kWh. But, worse, on the interstate where it actually matters, the average was 2.7-2.8 and varies depending on the temperature and other factors. I've seen 3x difference in range depending on where, when, and how I drive.

RockwallRick

Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram, Ford MME AWD EXT
Country flag
I don’t expect to get 300 miles on Road Trips when driving at or above 70 mph. Actual range with a mixture of City and highway has been around 280 so far. I have already planned out a road trip for next month. It will be 800 miles and we will stop 4 times for charging.

Advertisement

Advertisement