Whoa! 300 miles possible on a SR RWD!

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
...well technically 299.2

I've had my SR RWD Mach E for a week and--regrettably--have only been driving it around town. Low speed/stop & go. 1PD mostly. High 80s/low 90s. A/C at a comfortable 72.

Been tracking the miles/kWh and I'm consistently getting 4.4.

Assuming 68 kWh usable, this would give me almost 300 miles on a SR battery under these favorable conditions. Not too bad.

Obviously, my expectations will change when the e-heat is blasting, it's below freezing, and I'm driving the interstate. But still, nice to get a sense at this early stage of the game what the possible top range is in ideal conditions with a fresh battery.
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag

I've had my SR RWD Mach E for a week and--regrettably--have only been driving it around town. Low speed/stop & go. 1PD mostly. High 80s/low 90s. A/C at a comfortable 72.

Assuming 68 kWh usable, this would give me almost 300 miles on a SR battery under these favorable conditions. Not too bad.

Obviously, my expectations will change when the e-heat is blasting, it's below freezing, and I'm driving the interstate. But still, nice to get a sense at this early stage of the game what the possible top range is in ideal conditions with a fresh battery.
I think it is possible on a EXT AWD as well. Probably need to average at least 3.5 miles per kWh.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I think it is possible on a EXT AWD as well. Probably need to average at least 3.5 miles per kWh.
There are people doing better than 300 here. 300 seems to be close to the norm for ER AWD.

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Only two weeks in, but I also have an SR RWD with similar driving, so I hope to follow in your shoes!
Not to deflate any balloons yet, but was reading a few threads where people were questioning the "accuracy" of the average kWh/mile displayed on the trip meter based on remaining battery % and actual miles driven. I'll need some more real-world testing to get a better sense.

However, I do recall from my experience driving a Chevy Volt that it was quite common to get around 70 EV miles in local fair weather driving--a good 30% improvement over the rated 53 miles. Having a 30% improvement on the SR RWD would definitely push the 230 mile rated SR to the 300 range.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I know a five mile loop where I can consistently make 5.6m/kWh driving slowly and carefully.
Alas, my average so far is only 3.3mi/kWh. But, worse, on the interstate where it actually matters, the average was 2.7-2.8 and varies depending on the temperature and other factors. I've seen 3x difference in range depending on where, when, and how I drive.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I don’t expect to get 300 miles on Road Trips when driving at or above 70 mph. Actual range with a mixture of City and highway has been around 280 so far. I have already planned out a road trip for next month. It will be 800 miles and we will stop 4 times for charging.

MargaritavilleNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT (Aug build week-Oct delivery)
Country flag
Anyone getting 280 to 300 miles per charge is driving like a q-tip! Enjoy the acceleration, speed and dominance this car gives you! lol

EagleDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Anyone getting 280 to 300 miles per charge is driving like a q-tip! Enjoy the acceleration, speed and dominance this car gives you! lol
Hey, some people get their adrenaline rush by being thrown into their seat on launch from a stoplight.

Others get theirs by watching their miles/kWh rolling from 3.9 to 4.0!

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag

Yep, you're driving at the highest efficiency use case, in warm weather, and staying within the regen zone. I get high 4's and low 5's doing that too.

The annoyance is people care about range most when they're roadtripping, which is the lowest efficiency use case.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
You have 70kwh of usable battery. I have a 21 SR AWD Select, I did a 120 mile round trip saturday, 95% highway, I used 54% of my battery, AUTO climate, BC set to 79 mph (averaged lower than that though)

The weather as of late has been the sweet spot, 75 degrees, the car loves it and crushes highway miles.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I average 3.5 on both ends of a 250 mile trip

conditions were great, no wind, not much elevation never went above 67 mph

it can be done but if you go over 70 mph forget about it

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Hey, some people get their adrenaline rush by being thrown into their seat on launch from a stoplight.

You can accelerate hard and still get good range as long as you keep top speed down and stop slowly so you get 100% regen. The great torque of an electric motor allows this. Force=mass*Acceleration

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
False! The accuracy is so bad, that it will only go from 3.9 to 4.1, but never 4.0. Trust me, I keep a close eye on this type of thing :cool:

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
You have 70kwh of usable battery.
90% SOC this summer is almost never goes above 60KWh according to ODB2. The temperature in my garage is probably a little lower than ideal (low 70s, isn't ideal 80+?), but I never count on 70 KWh battery.
Sponsored