Why are car colors so boring?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Practicality is right regarding many of the colors. In the tropics white reigns supreme. The intense UV rays age our cars rapidly, the darker the color, the quicker the paint ages. That's why about 50% of the cars in Hawaii are white. It's a smart choice, even if you don't like a white car. Personally, I went for a combination of grey and blue for the MME. Infinite Blue. *shrug*, semi-practical I suppose.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks. I've been thinking about MME paint options recently, so this was timely.

Did you notice the scene where the painters were spraying a 70's car body without wearing any sort of lung/sinus/throat protection?

Or «cringe» the hands free Tesla driving scene?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Practicality is right regarding many of the colors. In the tropics white reigns supreme. The intense UV rays age our cars rapidly, the darker the color, the quicker the paint ages. That's why about 50% of the cars in Hawaii are white. It's a smart choice, even if you don't like a white car. Personally, I went for a combination of grey and blue for the MME. Infinite Blue. *shrug*, semi-practical I suppose.
Yeah I feel like I'm settling with InfBlue, also.

Wish we could get the deep, silky Mazda blue, or some of the stunning satin-metallic BMW blues.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thanks. I've been thinking about MME paint options recently, so this was timely.

Did you notice the scene where the painters were spraying a 70's car body without wearing any sort of lung/sinus/throat protection?

Or «cringe» the hands free Tesla driving scene?
I started flying when I was 15 years old. Earplugs? No such thing. Painters masks? WTF?

I'm paying the price right now. My hearing is shot despite having worn earplugs from the late 70's on. I hate my hearing aids as the sound isn't "natural" but it beats the "what?" after every comment directed at me. Bet the same type of issues are true with painters of that era.

I also picked up on the hands-free Tesla. I was looking for the steering wheel weights. :)
Sponsored