Why did my car try to charge outside of set hours?

OP
OP
StillWaitingForMachE

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Question: if there is a charge fault because my charger is not letting it charge until 11 pm, but I'm still plugged in, will it start charging at 11 pm without me having to do anything or will that keep it from starting when the charger does start supplying current?
Sponsored

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Question: if there is a charge fault because my charger is not letting it charge until 11 pm, but I'm still plugged in, will it start charging at 11 pm without me having to do anything or will that keep it from starting when the charger does start supplying current?
I would think that'd be somewhat unpredictable. I think it's generally advised to disable any scheduling in your EVSE and use the car to manage it. That's what I do with my ChargePoint and it is usually very reliable, except when software updates zonk the schedule which is rare and depends on what's been updated.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I recreated my charging location and now it's making a high pitched whistle while plugged in and not charging. I don't remember if it did that before...

I hit stop charging on Ford pass and the noise stopped. @Ford Motor Company help please? I am at 18% and I'd like to be able to charge tonight.

Edit: apparently the noise is normal? Just weird that I've never heard it before while it was plugged in but not charging
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored