Why did the battery meter on the FordPass app turn red?

OP
OP

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Mine just did this for the first time and I realized it changed during my preconditioning departure start time (using it for the first time today). Perhaps this has to do with the set departure time?
That's possible. Mine hasn't done it again.
Sponsored

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This morning, I got the FordPass 3.22.0 iOS iPhone all red battery for the first time. It came with an explanation, and starting MME while still plugged in cause the battery symbol to return to normal blue.

I am hoping this is different from "deep sleep", still waiting for my dealer to install the updates for the 12V LVB issue (I qualify, they just need techs back from MME training).

Additional details - MME charged yesterday afternoon and was plugged in continuously since being plugged in. The Red icon specifically communicates through FordPass that MME "fell asleep", and that the battery charge information is not current because it was no longer conveyed to FordPass after MME went to sleep. The notice below indicates that in the future, charge state will be conveyed while MME is asleep.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why did the battery meter on the FordPass app turn red? Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 11.33.53 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why did the battery meter on the FordPass app turn red? Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 11.34.05 AM

Last edited:

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Mine battery icon is blue with the same iOS version. But my car is currently plugged in and it did charge overnight.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
This morning, I got the FordPass 3.22.0 iOS iPhone all red battery for the first time. It came with an explanation, and starting MME while still plugged in cause the battery symbol to return to normal blue.

I am hoping this is different from "deep sleep", still waiting for my dealer to install the updates for the 12V LVB issue (I qualify, they just need techs back from MME training).

Additional details - MME charged yesterday afternoon and was plugged in continuously since plugged in. The Red icon specifically communicates through FordPass that MME "fell asleep", and that the battery charge information is not current because it was no longer conveyed to FordPass after MME went to sleep. The notice below indicates that in the future, charge state will be conveyed while MME is asleep.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why did the battery meter on the FordPass app turn red? Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 11.34.05 AM
Yeah I think this is what it is, I noticed that too.
If I turn on the car it goes back to blue.

bairdc3

First Name
Baird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium EXT, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Equinox
Occupation
Chief Technology Officer
Country flag
Mine did this for the first time as well, but I did not it happened after I received the FordPass App update.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Noticed mine today. Starting the car remotely while not being charged. It changed back when I physically started the car. Perhaps it is some form of small battery drain?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Additional details - MME charged yesterday afternoon and was plugged in continuously since being plugged in. The Red icon specifically communicates through FordPass that MME "fell asleep", and that the battery charge information is not current because it was no longer conveyed to FordPass after MME went to sleep. The notice below indicates that in the future, charge state will be conveyed while MME is asleep.
I see that message all the time without a red battery. And I get the red battery at random times with or without that message. I don’t think they’re related. I’m pretty sure the red battery is just a bug.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Probably bugs then. Seeing it again this morning with updated 14 hours ago, so I wonder if it was intended to indicate old data, not recently updated?

Also, there are also at least two different FordPass red battery symbols:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why did the battery meter on the FordPass app turn red? Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 9.18.59 AM

From the other thread (someone else), I have not seen this one yet:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why did the battery meter on the FordPass app turn red? Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 9.18.07 AM

Quick checked 12V at OBD without start, it was 14.8 after opening the door, heard a clunk (maybe the HV contactor for the DC-DC converter) then quickly reduced to 12.4. Closed door and locked with FOB, FordPass battery symbol still red.

Then, back at my desk, iPhone, other side of home from car, did remote unlock, then lock, and now it turned back to blue ("updated a minute ago" on the page). With delays back to the mothership, who knows?

Last edited:

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why did the battery meter on the FordPass app turn red? Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 9.18.07 AM
Exactly what happened to me just now. I remotely unlocked the Mach E from the app, which (I guess) woke it up. But the battery icon remained red, even after refreshing the app, and said it couldn’t communicate with the Mach E. After killing and reloading the app, the battery icon is back to normal again.