Why does Motor Biscuit etc print misleading articles about EVs?

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Just read and responded to a MB article that says it's now cheaper to refuel ICE than to plug in at home. I've seen similar articles in other pubs. Are these sights ignorant, bought off, or ???
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just read and responded to a MB article that says it's now cheaper to refuel ICE than to plug in at home. I've seen similar articles in other pubs. Are these sights ignorant, bought off, or ???
Because it's clickbait, and you fall for it.

And then people post it on forums to get more people to fall for it, express their outrage, and get more clicks.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
It’s the new way of reporting. Report what you want people to believe. Maybe the report was funded by the oil industry?
just like the reports commissioned by the tobacco industry on the benefits of smoking.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
LOL! I commented it was an article written by Mobil or maybe Manchin.
My all in cost of .10kwh vs 3.59 in gas. Give me a break!

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
"It’s the new way of reporting."

It's not new. It has been around a long, long time.
The "press" has been routinely determining what to report before opening a door for many, many centuries - Franklin's time, good old Johannes (1436)...........
Freedom of the press is a 1st amendment thing.
No one currently living has experienced a legitimate press, or anything close to it. Sure, one can read between the lines, dig around for scraps of truth, and be informed (becoming increasingly difficult). But that is by no means a legitimate press.
Even the feeble attempts at "investigative" reporting are a manipulated farce.
Best current and relevant example: Ford's ability to avoid the HVBJB replacement.
Or would the Waltons, Bezos, or Gates be able run roughshod over the American businessman had we a legitimate press?
I would wager most of us on this forum give money to one or more of these well funded and organized syndicates.
Where is the original TR when we need him?
Sponsored

Last edited: