Why does the color of the speed display in the car turns to a blue?

Wimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Anybody know why the color of the speed display in the car turns to a blue? Thanks
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
To indicate Blue Cruise Hands Free is active

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anybody know why the color of the speed display in the car turns to a blue? Thanks
FYI: It is much better to include a picture along with this sort of question. Also, include key information like the drive mode.

These cars have very complicated displays and lots of things change depending on what other parameters are operating. A question this vague could be answered in many ways.

OP
OP

Wimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
FYI: It is much better to include a picture along with this sort of question. Also, include key information like the drive mode.

These cars have very complicated displays and lots of things change depending on what other parameters are operating. A question this vague could be answered in many ways.
It’s in whisper mode, and here is a pic. Sorry for the vague post, it doesn’t turn blue all the time only sometimes while driving.

E2B7530D-EA02-4C75-B4D4-E11B8013CE87.jpeg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I drive in Whisper mode most of the time, except I have the instrument cluster in dark mode while yours is in light mode.

I see the same sort of blue waves effect that you're observing. I believe it is loosely tied to the amount of power being used to keep the vehicle in motion.

In Unbridled mode this effect is much more pronounced and more obvious. Whisper is more subtle. Engaged doesn't have this sort of animation.

Sureshot125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X Premium
Country flag
I believe it’s that the colors shift to signify efficient driving. It was mentioned way early on but not as much lately. If you’re going a constant but efficient speed you’ll notice it

OP
OP

Wimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I drive in Whisper mode most of the time, except I have the instrument cluster in dark mode while yours is in light mode.

I see the same sort of blue waves effect that you're observing. I believe it is loosely tied to the amount of power being used to keep the vehicle in motion.

In Unbridled mode this effect is much more pronounced and more obvious. Whisper is more subtle. Engaged doesn't have this sort of animation.
How can I change the instrument cluster to dark instead of light?

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
When I have bc on I get this screen