Why does True Car seem to list so many MMEs at very little ADM?

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
All the prices listed there are "Estimated Prices" with a price they THINK it might sell for. You dont know the actual price till you call and ask the dealer themselves. If you click on any of those cars it says "No Price Available"

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
All the prices listed there are "Estimated Prices" with a price they THINK it might sell for. You dont know the actual price till you call and ask the dealer themselves. If you click on any of those cars it says "No Price Available"
I'm not sure you actually have to call the dealers directly. Don't you just have to give over some of your personal information to TrueCar in order get the actual certified/no haggle prices that the dealership has to honor? That's what I remember from my purchase through TrueCar in 2016, but maybe it has changed.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Was just kicking around True Car and decided to look up MMEs (mine should hopefully be coming soon) and I see ADMs ranging from 27 dollars to 1000 dollars which yeah, any kind of ADM stinks, but is not too 'bad'. Yes, of course there are plenty with pretty high ADMs but not all. What am I missing?

https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for-sale/listings/ford/mustang-mach-e/?sort[]=price_asc
Try contacting one of the dealers about a car you see on "Tru"car. The prices are bogus.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Maine has a few MME at MSRP right now. Just call the more rural locations.

OP
OP

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
I'm not sure you actually have to call the dealers directly. Don't you just have to give over some of your personal information to TrueCar in order get the actual certified/no haggle prices that the dealership has to honor? That's what I remember from my purchase through TrueCar in 2016, but maybe it has changed.
Exactly. At least that is what I had when I last bought a car through True Car (admittedly that was back in 2013)

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Exactly. At least that is what I had when I last bought a car through True Car (admittedly that was back in 2013)
When you click through to a car you like it gives you the option to get the "TruePrice". That seems like the way, but I vaguely remember having the option to get like three quotes at the same time. And then those three dealers wouldn't stop texting me for a few weeks. With my car due to arrive in the next few weeks, I'm not going to try it now, but curious if anybody actually gets a good deal this way, particularly in the northeast where it seems prices have been more reasonable.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
That's how it used to be. Now all sites that refer to a dealer either get you no response or they just say "come on in and we'll talk about it."
Sponsored