Why huge difference between car trip log and FordPass EV driving data?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
And which one is correct? I think actually the FordPass trip data is more accurate, because I calculated the amount of battery used based on the starting battery charge level and ending battery charge level, which was very close to what FordPass indicated. And way off from what the car trip indicated.

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case? Can we rely on the car's trip efficiency rating at all?

By the way, the FordPass efficiency of 3.2 mi/kWh was pretty awesome considering it was 99% highway at 75-78 mph. That is why I am questioning it. It seems better than it should be. The car trip seems more realistic.

51757559823_e2dc7d3e52_o (1).jpg

51757965654_8e4deb3dfc_o.jpg

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
I have noticed that also. There seems to be a confusion/latency factor in the app., for instance right now it is telling me I travelled 80 mi. today on .1 kWh...I wish. I actually made that trip Friday, all I did today is move it in my driveway to clear snow. Often the mi./kWh value in the app reflects a value that I observed on the downhill part of a trip and is way higher than the value at the end. For now, it looks like the app needs fine tuning. My driving efficiency has never been above the low 30s, and I know after 3+ years of EV'ing I deserve a better score.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
For me, I never had any data show up in the EV Data section since I owned the car in July. Anything special to do to get that to work? Journeys record fine though.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me, I never had any data show up in the EV Data section since I owned the car in July. Anything special to do to get that to work? Journeys record fine though.
That is strange. I don't recall doing anything special. I do not have Journeys enabled, so I have no records there. Only EV data for my trips. Maybe there is a difference in that functionality between the iOS and Android apps? I am using Android version 3.35.2.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have noticed that also. There seems to be a confusion/latency factor in the app., for instance right now it is telling me I travelled 80 mi. today on .1 kWh...I wish. I actually made that trip Friday, all I did today is move it in my driveway to clear snow. Often the mi./kWh value in the app reflects a value that I observed on the downhill part of a trip and is way higher than the value at the end. For now, it looks like the app needs fine tuning. My driving efficiency has never been above the low 30s, and I know after 3+ years of EV'ing I deserve a better score.
Similar experience: I had the car Trip computer tell me I had driven 4 miles when I only moved the car out to the driveway. I didn't check EV Driving for that one to see if it was more accurate.

But in the example I posted above, the distance recorded in both is virtually identical, so one would think the efficiency would be similar also.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
What I noticed is that sometimes Trips don't reset the milage but reset the energy, so m/kwh are unrealistically high.
I enabled journeys, hoping that it will help resetting miles for each trip - nope.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is strange. I don't recall doing anything special. I do not have Journeys enabled, so I have no records there. Only EV data for my trips. Maybe there is a difference in that functionality between the iOS and Android apps? I am using Android version 3.35.2.
Could it be a GT/recent build date thing at the moment? Mine is a May 2021 build.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Could it be a GT/recent build date thing at the moment? Mine is a May 2021 build.
My build week was August 25. However, you can bring your car up to date with FDRS, either at the dealer or DIY.

I also have noticed that This Trip provides different results from Trip 1, which really makes no sense. The next time I take a long drive, I plan to reset Trip 1 right after starting the car and see if they stay in sync.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My build week was August 25. However, you can bring your car up to date with FDRS, either at the dealer or DIY.

I also have noticed that This Trip provides different results from Trip 1, which really makes no sense. The next time I take a long drive, I plan to reset Trip 1 right after starting the car and see if they stay in sync.
I received 1.7.1 via OTA and went to the dealer last week to have CSP 21P22 installed. I would think I’m pretty much up to date as of today. Could it be a US only thing?

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received 1.7.1 via OTA and went to the dealer last week to have CSP 21P22 installed. I would think I’m pretty much up to date as of today. Could it be a US only thing?
If they did the CSP correctly, you should be mostly up to date. There are probably some modules that were updated after the CSP was released that the dealer didn't do, based on posts in other threads in this forum. Search for FDRS in the title and you will see what I mean. Really only people who do their own updates using FDRS are 100% up to date, because Ford is regularly updating modules. As they should. :)

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Have you allowed Ford to collect data from your car. You have to toggle some switches in the Vehicle Tab (I think) related to privacy concerns.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you allowed Ford to collect data from your car. You have to toggle some switches in the Vehicle Tab (I think) related to privacy concerns.
Oh, yes I did do that. Good catch. That could be the reason I have EV driving history.
Sponsored