Why is the AC always on when I start the car?

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
I did search and could not find a reference to my issue above. Every time I start the car the AC is on. I do not have any preconditions set and I rarely use the AC. Ever if it was set to "last setting" the AC was definitely not on when I last turned it off. Maybe it is just another early bug, but if so I would like to have it at least documented with Ford.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It’s not every time for me but I’ve also noticed it randomly does turn on sometimes when I start the car. I’ve noticed this seems to happen when it is hot out, so I’m not sure yet if there is some setting I am overlooking.

But I am generally not an a/c kind of guy and I am positive I am turning off the vehicle with the a/c disabled.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I did search and could not find a reference to my issue above. Every time I start the car the AC is on. I do not have any preconditions set and I rarely use the AC. Ever if it was set to "last setting" the AC was definitely not on when I last turned it off. Maybe it is just another early bug, but if so I would like to have it at least documented with Ford.
The A/C comes on in humid weather, with the windshield defrost vents getting the lion's share, on my '16 Mazda CX-5 too.

It might be triggered by humidity and the desire to keep the windshield clear.

OP
OP
Hplbiking

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
The car is garaged parked and I live 29 miles east of San Diego coast. Almost no humidity and very mild temps - 60’s

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think what you are seeing is the cars start in automatic climate mode with both A/C and E-Heat "enabled". The temperature will determine if A/C or E-Heat are actually used.

OP
OP
Hplbiking

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
I think what you are seeing is the cars start in automatic climate mode with both A/C and E-Heat "enabled". The temperature will determine if A/C or E-Heat are actually used.
But that doesn’t make sense that the car would think the AC needs to be on with 60 degree temps. And the E heat (stupid name) doesn’t come one.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I have the same issue too. I start the car and the A/C or E-heat will start even though I have not switched them on and the HVAC is in manual mode. I have the windows down and I don’t want the AC on.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It’s a bug. But mine went away after a few days and I couldn’t reproduce it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have the same issue too. I start the car and the A/C or E-heat will start even though I have not switched them on and the HVAC is in manual mode. I have the windows down and I don’t want the AC on.
Your best bet for now is probably to turn the HVAC off when the windows are down instead of putting it in manual mode.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It’s a bug. But mine went away after a few days and I couldn’t reproduce it.
You might try powering off the HVAC using the HVAC page as opposed to the slider at the bottom of the main screen. That may have been what shook the bug out for me.

OP
OP
Hplbiking

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
th
You might try powering off the HVAC using the HVAC page as opposed to the slider at the bottom of the main screen. That may have been what shook the bug out for me.
That is how I turn it off every time. Its getting warmer in socal so I will be using it more and therefore it won't bug me until Fall.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I'm just curious what exactly you are selecting in the touchscreen to put the HVAC in manual mode