Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Google Earth??? Why would you want that?? ?
because it demos well although it's incredibly busy and hard to deal with when you're actually, you know, navigating.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm assuming you mean satellite view?

Not sure why it's not here either. It's already been needed for me and annoying it wasn't here.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Google Earth is a really cool replacement for my library globe. But for a car ... I want maps of North America ... and I don't really need maps for other continents.

Google Earth offers some interesting data points about specific locations ... but then there are apps like Mappo which DO work with the car that bring up interesting 'tours' and local information.

Ford offers their developer.ford.com where app developers who are interested in making apps that are advantage of the Sync4 system can integrate with the car.

OP
OP
Chiefsfan

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
Google Earth is a really cool replacement for my library globe. But for a car ... I want maps of North America ... and I don't really need maps for other continents.

Google Earth offers some interesting data points about specific locations ... but then there are apps like Mappo which DO work with the car that bring up interesting 'tours' and local information.

Ford offers their developer.ford.com where app developers who are interested in making apps that are advantage of the Sync4 system can integrate with the car.
I think it’s visually interesting when are traveling known areas. I agree in unknown areas it isn’t as useful. I do think that the mapis very boring.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Guess it will consume much more LTE bandwidth to download satellite images, so they decide to save this cost.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
To be honest, I don’t think the Mustang Mach E’s graphics system would do Google Earth justice. I’ve begun to notice that there is some lag and stutter in rendering the very basic graphic elements and GUI it has right now. I’m not sure how smoothly it would handle rendering a 3-D, texture-mapped sphere, with continuously changing lighting and points of view, going down to 3-D texture-mapped environments.