Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag
I just got my window sticker today for my GTPE and there are other people that are 2-3 weeks ahead of me and I have yet to see a hands on GT review. The only one that I know of was released by ford like 2 months ago where it was a ford driver and a blogger in the passenger seat. How come no one else has gotten to do an independent review or been able to get their hands on one when they are already being built?

In the past journalists and car bloggers would have already have had loaners or test vehicles to do hands on reviews at this stage in production. Seems kind of odd.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
The orange one you are referring to is a manufacturer plated car. I am pretty sure they haven’t delivered a GT or GTP to a final customer yet.

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag
I don't think they have either but usually they have pre production models that they loan out or use for events where journalists/bloggers get to see them and or ride/drive them during ford sponsored events.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I am pretty surprised no one has posted a video from the auto show. I have a feeling there is an embargo on the car at the moment, which is why we've really only gotten one real video of the GT.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
I don't think they have either but usually they have pre production models that they loan out or use for events where journalists/bloggers get to see them and or ride/drive them during ford sponsored events.
Someone was telling me they saw an ad for the Mach-E on TV this weekend and I realized I haven't seen any ads that show the GT. I don't watch a lot of television, but figured they would feature the GT at some point.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
As far as advertising goes, I have not seen mention of the GT. Cars like the Mustang GT, MME GT, etc. tend to sell themselves since they are the model leads. With all the buzz the other models have already created, I don’t think Ford needs to advertise the GT, at least for this year.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
The real question is, what is the embargo date for Mach-E GT reviews? I'm assuming they've already begun giving reviewers access to the GT, but they're likely under embargo until some specific date, just as they were with the original Mach-E reviews. {Jonathan}

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Its definitely Odd to see these YouTube channels releasing videos of other cars, like the Maverick and Lightning, and you can see the GT in the background, but not one video about it yet.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I assume there is a media embargo, when will it end so we can watch reviews?
Sponsored