First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT PE, 2019 F350 Platinum
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no Pet Mode yet? Dog in Car

Tesla has had pet mode since February 2019. Elon Musk pushed it out in response a twitter request.

Why has Ford been so slow putting this in the Mach E? There have been tons of requests for it.

Does Jim Farly hate dogs?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm not requesting it. Turn off 30 minute timer, leave car running, lock door with 7/8 9/0 on external keypad. #ThisIsNotHard

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Tesla has had pet mode since February 2019. Elon Musk pushed it out in response a twitter request.

Why has Ford been so slow putting this in the Mach E? There have been tons of requests for it.

Does Jim Farly hate dogs?
Well, Teslas were being sold for 7 years before Dog Mode was added. So if that’s your benchmark, we’ve still got 5 more years before it should be considered slow, right?

OP
OP
billc58

billc58

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not requesting it. Turn off 30 minute timer, leave car running, lock door with 7/8 9/0 on external keypad. #ThisIsNotHard
Not hard but following those steps should not be necessary. And the Tesla screen notice is great too.

A responsive car maker looks for ways of making cars and their interfaces easier to use. This is certainly one that has been frequently requested.

OP
OP
billc58

billc58

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, Teslas were being sold for 7 years before Dog Mode was added. So if that’s your benchmark, we’ve still got 5 more years before it should be considered slow, right?
In a competitive market, it is better to incorporate great features as soon as you can. Tesla has shown how it's done. Ford just has to duplicate the feature.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Not hard but following those steps should not be necessary. And the Tesla screen notice is great too.

A responsive car maker looks for ways of making cars and their interfaces easier to use. This is certainly one that has been frequently requested.
I can think of a dozen things I'd want more than pet mode. And, the last thing I want Ford doing is copying anything that Tesla does.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Pet mode should have a separate cabin air filter and air handling in the back. I have a ‘02 CR-V that is my “dog car” because in that I don’t care.

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
lol mmmkay the biggest component of pet mode is to put on the giant screen that the car is in a pet mode. So…… do gooders don’t smash your windows and call the S.W.A.T team while you’re running an errand. #ThisIsNotHard

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Being a cat guy, I don't have a dog in this fight. But if you really want to get a Pet Mode, I suspect starting a Twitter campaign with the hash tag #JimFarleyHatesDogs might actually work (if it got traction).

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
lol mmmkay the biggest component of pet mode is to put on the giant screen that the car is in a pet mode. So…… do gooders don’t smash your windows and call the S.W.A.T team while you’re running an errand. #ThisIsNotHard
Even though hubby's M3 has that notice on the screen, I still made up a sign and laminated it to put in the dash because people are dumb! On one side, it's for the A/C running and the other side says the heat is running. Added our phone number to call in case of emergency. Don't use it very often, but it lives in the car in case we ever need it.

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 1.13.27 PM.png
Sponsored