Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So one thing I wish the “trip planner” feature had was a round trip option. I live in SoCal and there’s some trips I want to take that look iffy in terms of whether there’s sufficient charging stations to get me there and back. Often times the trip planner will get me there with 10% battery but then I’m 100+ miles from the nearest charging station, so clearly that’s a bad plan to follow. I’m still able to take the extra time to plan the trip to account for it bring round trip, but it seems like adding a round trip option would be super easy and obvious Ford to do, yet they haven’t done it. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
It can be done easily in the built in navigation. Just program your destination, then your starting point as another destination (you may need to re-order the destinations it in the trip editor). It will add chargers and take into account the entire round trip.

Also, if it leaves you at a destination with 10%, then it thinks there is a charger nearby. It always makes sure that there’s a charger within range at the destination (although it could be a level 2, or in the opposite direction of where you want to go), and will add chargers and time as necessary so you arrive with enough to get back to a charger. You can do this before or after you’ve already started navigating.

but much better to program the round trip, so it adds ones that makes sense, rather than WAY out of yourintended trip.