Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I just wanted to make this clear to everyone. I love PaaK and I'm so grateful that Ford gave me a perfectly working digital key. I no longer have to keep my FOB on me and I can rest assure that I will be able to open my Frunk, drive my car and enjoy a FOBless lifestyle.

Because I don't cary a key, my range increased dramatically thanks to the weight loss. OTA updates occur more frequently and enable extra range. I don't have to worry about leaving my FOB in the car, just to wake up to the car being stolen. I might be mistaken, but I think PaaK even enabled Bluecruise on my car! Lastly, showing PaaK off to people makes me instantly popular and all the guys and gals want me to take them for a ride. Someone even offered to stop by my house to help me fix my charger, all because of PaaK.

Sure I was locked out of my car (while at work) during a botched FordPass update, but I've had worse happen. One time while driving a back country road I hit a pothole, got a blowout and because EV's don't have spare tires I had to wait over 3 hours for a tow in 110 degree heat. In that case my FOB wouldn't have saved me. A spare tire would have, but we won't get into that...

Hey, at least we don't have to deal with these Telsa Phone Key problems with PaaK!
I just felt it necessary to express my love for PaaK and put to rest those Tesla fanboys always bragging about how their phone key works better than PaaK. At least we didn't have a worldwide outage and we have a KeyPad!!!!

For those who don't believe in the power of PaaK, I heard that Ford might be working with Santa to deliver secondary FOB's to your stalkings this Christmas, but only if you've been nice.

While I am an avid proponent of PaaK and I truly enjoy the fact that I don't cary a FOB with me, this thread is largely satire as a response to the hundreds of "PaaK Hate" threads. Every sentence in this post is actually derived from other posts on the forum, mostly highly debated topics.

The larger point is that PaaK and Telsa's Phone Key are using technology that was never designed to be used as a key. That being said, there's multiple factors and components involved for a successful PaaK experience, and it's not just limited to Ford. As you can see, Tesla has many of the same issues because of the technological bottlenecks and issues.

If we are being honest, at first I was a little annoyed with PaaK, but it quickly became second nature. Every so often I have to use the Keypad and sometimes I have to force close the app. It's gotten to the point where I don't think about it anymore. I can see past minor annoyances knowing the technical nature of the service. As many of you know, I do like PaaK and I have spent many, many hours trying to help other forum members get PaaK working. I'll continue my mission to a perfect PaaK experience for all.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I just wanted to make this clear to everyone. I love PaaK and I'm so grateful that Ford gave me a perfectly working digital key. I no longer have to keep my FOB on me and I can rest assure that I will be able to open my Frunk, drive my car and enjoy a FOBless lifestyle.

Because I don't cary a key, my range increased dramatically thanks to the weight loss. OTA updates occur more frequently and enable extra range. I don't have to worry about leaving my FOB in the car, just to wake up to the car being stolen. I might be mistaken, but I think PaaK even enabled Bluecruise on my car! Lastly, showing PaaK off to people makes me instantly popular and all the guys and girls want me to take them for a ride. Someone even offered to stop by my house to help me fix my charger, all because of PaaK.

Sure I was locked out of my car (while at work) during a botched FordPass update, but I've had worse happen. One time while driving a back country road I hit a pothole, got a blowout and because EV's don't have spare tires I had to wait over 3 hours for a tow in 110 degree heat. In that case my FOB wouldn't have saved me. A spare tire would have, but we won't get into that...

Hey, at least we don't have to deal with these Telsa Phone Key problems with PaaK!
I just felt it necessary to express my love for PaaK and put to rest those Tesla fanboys always bragging about how their phone key works better than PaaK. At least we didn't have a worldwide outage and we have a KeyPad!!!!

For those who don't believe in the power of PaaK, I heard that Ford might be working with Santa to deliver secondary FOB's to your stalkings this Christmas, but only if you've been nice.
Is the last part true? lol

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Because I don't cary a key, my range increased dramatically thanks to the weight loss. OTA updates occur more frequently and enable extra range. I don't have to worry about leaving my FOB in the car, just to wake up to the car being stolen. I might be mistaken, but I think PaaK even enabled Bluecruise on my car! Lastly, showing PaaK off to people makes me instantly popular and all the guys and gals want me to take them for a ride. Someone even offered to stop by my house to help me fix my charger, all because of PaaK.

While I am an avid proponent of PaaK and I truly enjoy the fact that I don't cary a FOB with me, this thread is largely satire as a response to the hundreds of "PaaK Hate" threads. Every sentence in this post is actually derived from other posts on the forum, mostly highly debated topics.

The larger point is that PaaK and Telsa's Phone Key are using technology that was never designed to be used as a key. That being said, there's multiple factors and components involved for a successful PaaK experience, and it's not just limited to Ford. As you can see, Tesla has many of the same issues because of the technological bottlenecks and issues.

If we are being honest, at first I was a little annoyed with PaaK, but it quickly became second nature. Every so often I have to use the Keypad and sometimes I have to force close the app. It's gotten to the point where I don't think about it anymore. I can see past minor annoyances knowing the technical nature of the service. As many of you know, I do like PaaK and I have spent many, many hours trying to help other forum members get PaaK working. I'll continue my mission to a perfect PaaK experience for all.
Echo. I think PaaK is just for those of us with extra patience for new technology.
It is a shame that bluetooth was never really designed for a purpose like this, which is the real reason that we experience these hiccups, like you said.

But when it works, I love it.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

How on earth did I miss this - love it ?
Just one comment on your “spoiler” (and I’m sure you’re already there): lots of things grow beyond their original intended purpose, and using a phone as a car key is just another example. Using a watch as a credit card?

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Echo. I think PaaK is just for those of us with extra patience for new technology.
It is a shame that bluetooth was never really designed for a purpose like this, which is the real reason that we experience these hiccups, like you said.

But when it works, I love it.
Totally agree about the patience for tech. I want to use the latest tech on the MME, and the overwhelming majority of the time it works as intended. I'm willing to work through the times it doesn't. Just can't take the thought of using a fob.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
With the calibration update, it works most of the time. I am confident enough now that I have been leaving the keyfob at home. It seems to unlock the doors easily but sometimes when I go to start the car I get the no key detected. When that happens I open the fordpass app and remote start the car rather than enter the passcode then push start from there it's good to go.

To an extent, I understand the disappointment from some the keyfob works flawlessly and the PAAK has some glitches. With a history of working in telecom and having knowledge of Bluetooth and cell phones, I understand issues with PAAK are not all ford. For the convenience of not needing to carry a key, I can live with them.
Sponsored

Last edited: