Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Black is really popular around here.
I can throw a rock in any direction and hit a white M3. Colors are very rare.

The default (free) color used to be black. Now it's white. I like black cars and bought mine after they flipped, so I paid $750 for the pleasure. Either way, that's likely why most are black or white.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y Untitled

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The default (free) color used to be black. Now it's white. I like black cars and bought mine after they flipped, so I paid $750 for the pleasure. Either way, that's likely why most are black or white.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y Untitled
Didn't know that. The default may have been white after the Tesla service center opened in Arizona. Which explains the discrepancy between the two areas.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Unless the battery supply outlook changes dramatically, it's going to be a "glorified" compliance car for the forseabble future (through the 2023 model year perhaps). I think Ford knows they can probably sell almost as many of the MME's as they can build and will make efforts to obtain substantially more batteries, but that's not likely not happening this year or next.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Took Ford 3 years to start totally from scratch to produce the Mach-E. Actually 2, as they largely threw out the first year and started over when they switched from compliance car to Mustang.

Plenty of time. And those "way in the future" government dates are just random targets anyway. They'll move as reality dictates.

In the mean time, it's mostly in the hands of the battery engineers. Battery progress will determine how well consumers take to BEVs over the next decade or two.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Took Ford 3 years to start totally from scratch to produce the Mach-E. Actually 2, as they largely threw out the first year and started over when they switched from compliance car to Mustang.

Plenty of time. And those "way in the future" dates are just random targets anyway. They'll move as reality dictates.

In the mean time, it's mostly in the hands of the battery engineers. Battery progress will determine how well consumers take to BEVs over the next decade or two.
100% correct. It is all about battery tech and price. YOu can have a 1,000-mile range EV now. The cost would be absurd and the weight geez.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They're gonna have to get that rolling blackout thing figured out first. ☺
Sponsored