Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Holy Crapoli! That would be bad for a gas line (at 3 minutes per refuel), but just imagine how long those people had to wait at 10-30 minutes per recharge!

Classic example of a bottleneck. When you have an event (in this case Thanksgiving) where you have lots of people leaving all about the same time, you're going to overwhelm any pinch points (in this case, chargers if there's not many but lots of people need them). Similar to trying to take light rail home from a football game where 70,000 people all flood out of the stadium at the same time.
San Luis Obispo, California on the central coast and the home to Cal Poly. That may account for the reason they’re all funneled in that area. Nice bakery there though. I used to live in Santa Maria, right down the road.

Ironically, the Madonna Inn, is right off Highway 1, aka California Route 1.

Last edited:

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
You don't get throttled down after a large number of DCFC charging sessions.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Tesla drivers are locked out of their cars after Elon Musk's firm is hit with complete network outage and staff are blocked from processing orders

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ers-unable-connect-cars-using-mobile-app.html

An additional benefit: Mach E keypad as a backup to phone as a key/app.
I don't understand. If you didn't have cell coverage on your phone you can't open the car either? There is no reason why the PAAK to get into the car should require a network connection on either the car or the phone every time you get into it. That is very poor design if true.

I understand the, "let me open the app and push the unlock button" feature not working, that uses the car's modem which would go through a server. But the PAAK is a direct Bluetooth connection between app and car. I would assume the Ford option would work in a similiar scenario and the keypad would still not be needed.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I don't understand. If you didn't have cell coverage on your phone you can't open the car either? There is no reason why the PAAK to get into the car should require a network connection on either the car or the phone every time you get into it. That is very poor design if true.

I understand the, "let me open the app and push the unlock button" feature not working, that uses the car's modem which would go through a server. But the PAAK is a direct Bluetooth connection between app and car. I would assume the Ford option would work in a similiar scenario and the keypad would still not be needed.
I agree. If this is how Tesla engineered this (it all goes through the web to make the connection?) that is profoundly dumb. I wonder if all the navigation features in the cars were down too. Kind of makes you wonder about all that Spartan simplicity.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I agree. If this is how Tesla engineered this (it all goes through the web to make the connection?) that is profoundly dumb. I wonder if all the navigation features in the cars were down too. Kind of makes you wonder about all that Spartan simplicity.
This is why ford wanted three ways to enter the car. Just like the movie tropic thunder never go full.

Beholden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I was |--| <-- this close to buying a Model Y. I'd convinced myself I wanted one so I started researching. I came across a few stories of other models having problems and dismissed them as one-offs, then I found more, and more, and more and how Tesla either flat out refuses to take responsibility or claims its the owner's fault. Those reasons, coupled with the fact that Elon isn't someone I'm interested in supporting due to his actions meant I will never own a Tesla no matter how impressive their tech is.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
One of the advantages for Mach-E have been its soul, inside and out.

Well, that advantage is now diminished.

Turns out that there is an available OTH (on the headrest) upgrade to add some personality to any Model 3 or Model Y. And it's both inexpensive and easy.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y 122491415_129697581911808_6999743788612046696_n
Sponsored