SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
All these terrible issues, and over half a million people put down 50k+ for one during a pandemic year. Since the MME is going to be much better, can't wait to see the MME sales numbers ;)

Tesla sells 500k cars during a pandemic
Well... we know ford will only sell 50k in the first year. So if the the model Y, worlds greatest quantum computer on wheels, doesn’t sell more than that number in it’s first year, then I’d say it’s looking bleak for Tesla

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We should get the official first year sales numbers for the Mach E next week when Ford reports their monthly and quarterly sales.
Those presumably will be for calendar year 2020. There won't be hardly anything for MME sales in that since it just started selling in the last few days. I would presume orders don't count in sales figures, only actually completed sales.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
We should get the official first year sales numbers for the Mach E next week when Ford reports their monthly and quarterly sales.
MME is a 2021 year car. Always has been. You’ll have to wait until end of this year before you can count... but I’ll save you the wait... it will be 50,000.

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
MME is a 2021 year car. Always has been. You’ll have to wait until end of this year before you can count... but I’ll save you the wait... it will be 50,000.
In the States and Canada, vehicles are typically identified by model year rather than calendar year. Tesla is the outlier.

Ford here uses the model year designation, so the Mach E in the US is considered a 2021 model even if produced and sold in 2020, which is what will be reported in the US next week.

Model Year

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Size (of sales numbers) isn't everything! And what's all this with people comparing how big they are?!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The EV battle just started in 2021. Inside EV pointed that out very clearly. With the market being only 2% there is massive growth available with BEV.
Most auto buyers are loyalists just like the few that are tesla die-hards that comment only when something is said about tesla.

Many of your Auto manufacturers have not given their brand-loyal customers a BEV to buy. That is all getting ready to change in the next 5 years. The selling of tesla vehicles, just like the same for others is being cannibalized of one model to another. The model y is eating into all sales of another tesla.

Elon knows Tesla sales will hit a peak, and that is why he is so focused on getting ahead in the Asian market and trying to get a foot in the European market. The BEV push here will be slower than either of those two markets, and brand loyalists that had no chance for a BEV who purchased a Tesla will be going back when their brand of automakers makes a BEV.

You had a survey done where it showed 40% of tesla owners will be looking or buying the Ford mache when it comes out. I know 3 right inside my family and another 6 people that I work with. My sister purchased a model 3 long range last year. But with the A-plan and 7,500 tax credit was a no brainer for her.
The BEV can even not be as good as the mache or the tesla model y but brand loyalists who have been waiting will still buy it.

Tesla will keep its lead in BEV up tell 2027 I will say. With 50,000 mache a year without being in the Asian market yet, transit van, and the f-150 BEV. ford will be selling around 300,000 BEV a year by 2023. IF ford would have given the bronco a BEV model then I think ford could have hit 500,000 by 2023. Volkswagen will be a big player also in the BEV markets.

Tesla has a lead and this year is really the first change consumers have had.

Last edited:

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
In the States and Canada, vehicles are typically identified by model year rather than calendar year. Tesla is the outlier.

Ford here uses the model year designation, so the Mach E in the US is considered a 2021 model even if produced and sold in 2020, which is what will be reported in the US next week.

Model Year
I just said the MME is 2021 year car... not sure anything else there needs to matter if you want to do a fair like for like comparison of sales numbers over 12 months.

Considering we are able to cancel our orders at any time before taking delivery, then technically the Mach-E sales count started with its first delivery towards the end of December. Stop the sales count the same time this year and then compare those numbers to Model Y sales from early March last year, to what they hit in March this year (if Tesla ever release them). It won’t be hard to do. It’s a level playing field.

I’d be very surprised if the Model Y sells less than 50k... surely you’re not worried about that?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
The EV battle just started in 2021. Inside EV pointed that out very clearly. With the market being only 2% there is massive growth available with BEV.
Most auto buyers are loyalists just like the few that are tesla die-hards that comment only when something is said about tesla.

Many of your Auto manufacturers have not given their brand-loyal customers a BEV to buy. That is all getting ready to change in the next 5 years. The selling of tesla vehicles, just like the same for others is being cannibalized of one model to another. The model y is eating into all sales of another tesla.

Elon knows Tesla sales will hit a peak, and that is why he is so focused on getting ahead in the Asian market and trying to get a foot in the European market. The BEV push here will be slower than either of those two markets, and brand loyalists that had no chance for a BEV who purchased a Tesla will be going back when their brand of automakers makes a BEV.

You had a survey done where it showed 40% of tesla owners will be looking or buying the Ford mache when it comes out. I know 3 right inside my family and another 6 people that I work with. My sister purchased a model 3 long range last year. But with the A-plan and 7,500 tax credit was a no brainer for her.
The BEV can even not be as good as the mache or the tesla model y but brand loyalists who have been waiting will still buy it.

Tesla will keep its lead in BEV up tell 2027 I will say. With 50,000 mache a year without being in the Asian market yet, transit van, and the f-150 BEV. ford will be selling around 300,000 BEV a year by 2023. IF ford would have given the bronco a BEV model then I think ford could have hit 500,000 by 2023. Volkswagen will be a big player also in the BEV markets.

Tesla has a lead and this year is really the first change consumers have had.

The more I think about it, the more I believe Tesla will be in trouble in a few years -- maybe not financially but with expectations. There are a lot of people that want a Tesla because they think it is cool. But I know a lot of people that don't want them -- ever.

I also think the E F-150 will be huge. Of course, the press will beat it up if it doesn't match the cybertruck range, but I know a lot of F-150 owners that won't care. Like my cousin, he has always had an F-series and owns a decent sized farm. He uses it around town and out on the farm, but that's it. He probably averages 40-50 miles most days and maybe the occasional 150 mile day. If he travels with the family, they have a nice SUV they take. He might be tempted by a BEV F-series, but I don't think the Cybertruck will appeal to him at all -- especially if you need to use a touchscreen to open the glove box or adjust the air vents.
Sponsored