Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It’s actually incredible, Tesla’s market cap has gone from $663 billion to $773 billion just since New Year’s Eve as the stock price rose from $700 a share to $816 a share.

Ford’s market cap meanwhile is $35 billion. So just since last Thursday, when we were looking at the first MME get delivered in Dallas, Tesla has added not quite the equivalent of three Ford Motor Company’s to its value.

It’s stock price is deep in looney tunes land yet they are coming out with more economical models that will only depress their profit margins. Ford didn’t decide to kill off its non-suvs (except the mustang) because it was getting killer profit margins on its sedans. I agree that the market is forcing their hand and I don’t see how their stock valuation is sustainable.
Both the cap and PE are completely bogus. Tesla's cap is essentially the entire auto industry combined - for a company which will have 4 factories by the end of this year. Their "record" sales year was equivalent to 2 quarters of F-150 sales. I get that the solar and battery business are included, but that cap is utterly delusional. The 4 digit PE ratio is approaching 5 digits. Someone soon is going to realize that the emperor has no clothes and the balloon will burst. If you don't believe me I'll bet you a fortune in Enron shares and a fund from Bernie Madoff.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Both the cap and PE are completely bogus. Tesla's cap is essentially the entire auto industry combined - for a company which will have 4 factories by the end of this year. Their "record" sales year was equivalent to 2 quarters of F-150 sales. I get that the solar and battery business are included, but that cap is utterly delusional. The 4 digit PE ratio is approaching 5 digits. Someone soon is going to realize that the emperor has no clothes and the balloon will burst. If you don't believe me I'll bet you a fortune in Enron shares and a fund from Bernie Madoff.
And three additional Ford Motor Company’s added this morning (so six since NYE) as we go from $816 a share to $880 a share and another $100 billion gets added to the market cap. ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
And three additional Ford Motor Company’s added this morning (so six since NYE) as we go from $816 a share to $880 a share and another $100 billion gets added to the market cap. ?
I have a (very) small bit of "play" money in the market that exists mainly to act as a source for down payment money whenever my car eventually shows up. I put it in $TSLA just before "Battery Day", when I thought "well this will be good." then their stock crapped the bed because "Battery Day" was seen as a major letdown. It took me until last week to get back (from other stocks and dividends after selling at a loss at that point) to about 90% in that account.

just a few days ago, I said "screw it people are being really dumb with $TSLA, can I take advantage of the idiots?" and put the money back in $TSLA. In retrospect I should have just left it there...

this is what's happened just since putting buying the stock again, as of when taking the screenshot for this post a few minutes ago - it's more than replaced the loss from Battery Day even if I hadn't already clawed it mostly back:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y 1610126299463

the whole market is a clusterf*ck right now - the US economy and world economy are both a bit of a COVID disaster still, who knows how many people are f*cked on their jobs and/or living places ... and this stock and the market in general are still printing money.

I might think the cars are garbage, and the CEO is an loony nutjob that needs to just go away, but if other idiots want to hand me their money, I'll take it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s actually incredible, Tesla’s market cap has gone from $663 billion to $773 billion just since New Year’s Eve as the stock price rose from $700 a share to $816 a share.

Ford’s market cap meanwhile is $35 billion. So just since last Thursday, when we were looking at the first MME get delivered in Dallas, Tesla has added not quite the equivalent of three Ford Motor Company’s to its value.

It’s stock price is deep in looney tunes land yet they are coming out with more economical models that will only depress their profit margins. Ford didn’t decide to kill off its non-suvs (except the mustang) because it was getting killer profit margins on its sedans. I agree that the market is forcing their hand and I don’t see how their stock valuation is sustainable.
Yep. Those crazy valuations have also done this...

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Not sure if this was posted before:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y 1610127769594

I saw this go by just now when looking up my numbers for the post I did on the stock a little while ago. Pretty sure it was written before the lower-priced Y was announced. not sure how that would impact the JPMC analysis.

Reactions: UW2

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I saw this go by just now when looking up my numbers for the post I did on the stock a little while ago. Pretty sure it was written before the lower-priced Y was announced. not sure how that would impact the JPMC analysis.
The tweet is dated today, not sure about the JPM report tho

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I dunno, Timbop. Been saying similar things about Amazon and nobody listens!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The tweet is dated today, not sure about the JPM report tho
I'm aware. I don't see how it's possible for the report to have been written since the last night announcement. analyst reports take a long time to write because reasons.

unless they added a quickie amendment, there's no way it has it referenced.

just poor luck on the timing from the JPMC side.

Reactions: UW2

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I'm aware. I don't see how it's possible for the report to have been written since the last night announcement. analyst reports take a long time to write because reasons.

unless they added a quickie amendment, there's no way it has it referenced.

just poor luck on the timing from the JPMC side.
Just from a selfish motive, I hope that makes Ford drop the MachE price a bit.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just from a selfish motive, I hope that makes Ford drop the MachE price a bit.
of course we all want to price to drop for our cars. I'm not sure that could even happen at this point though, especially not with a small number of people having already taken delivery... and the price drop should arguably only impact the Select level given the range.

if there is an across the board drop, the FE better drop by exactly the same amount or more, or people on here will claim the price of the FE went up because it didn't drop enough.

(runs away from the flashbang before it goes off)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
of course we all want to price to drop for our cars. I'm not sure that could even happen at this point though, especially not with a small number of people having already taken delivery... and the price drop should arguably only impact the Select level given the range.

if there is an across the board drop, the FE better drop by exactly the same amount or more, or people on here will claim the price of the FE went up because it didn't drop enough.

You trying to start something????

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Like me
Sponsored