TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I dunno, Timbop. Been saying similar things about Amazon and nobody listens!
Amazon can justify a lot of it's valuation though, because it truly dominates the online sales segment.

Tesla has been dominating the BEV segment, but it's only been a tiny segment, just waiting for all the big boys to jump in. Now that batteries have reached a sufficient point for *some* models to be viable (small-to-medium), they're starting to jump in. Won't be long before Tesla no longer laps the field with BEVs.
Sponsored

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
e 4 factories by the end of this year. Their "record" sales year was equivalent to 2 quarters of F-150 sales. I get that the solar and battery business are included, but that cap is utterly delusional. The 4 digit PE ratio is approaching 5 digits. Someone soon is going to realize that the emperor has no clothes and the balloon will burst. If you don't believe me I'll bet you a fortune in Enron shares and a fund from Bernie Madoff.
Can everyone say tulip bulb.

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Amazon can justify a lot of it's valuation though, because it truly dominates the online sales segment.

Tesla has been dominating the BEV segment, but it's only been a tiny segment, just waiting for all the big boys to jump in. Now that batteries have reached a sufficient point for *some* models to be viable (small-to-medium), they're starting to jump in. Won't be long before Tesla no longer laps the field with BEVs.
Tesla already shrank massively in Europe from 35% electric car market share to just 10% in entre 2020. Even the absolute number of sales was close or lower than 2019. The other OEMS caught up and are now beating Tesla on its own turf! Not to mention that Tesla keeps cutting prices to meet the numbers, so revenues barely grow.

But who will stop the Wall St pumping of Tesla, telling people that Tesla will take over the entire auto, solar roof, battery, truck, insurance, ride sharing, robo taxi and flying car markets? Elon just has to mention a new business and Adam Jonas will assign the largest possible value to that non-existent business.:) No one can do anything about it.

Last edited:

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The biggest one, IMO, is that many Chinese provinces limit the number of license plates and/or days one can drive for gasoline cars. That forces people to buy electric cars. Talk about the govt-controlled economies of today. These are free markets on paper only.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Kind of hard to say based on just speculation isn't it though? My Escape has been one of my favorite and most versatile cars I have owned. Good mileage, decent space, AWD for Ohio winters, comfortable, and last week I towed a trailer from Columbus, OH to VA with a riding mower in it. I have been really happy with my Escape. Until Ford went the Mustang route, I really thought their first BEV would be an Escape variant. Needless to say I am happier with the Mustang even more.

Actually their first BEV was a Focus variant!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Actually their first BEV was a Focus variant!
Correction . . . First BEV designed from the ground up to be a BEV. Focus Electric was not designed as a BEV from the ground up.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Rattles are something you have to live with?

Buddy I got a '97 Sunfire for you.
"our build quality is approaching 1997 GM" would be quite a bit of "truth in advertising"

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The problems with his model y to start no way would I drive that home. The hood and one-panel gap are massive. Here is another treat coming. My sister's model y is ready to pick up Friday so another 5 to 6-hour trip what fun to the tesla store. She was told they tesla plans on phasing out the loaner car program for uber credits in more areas this year.
The more competition you have the more tesla will have to tighten their belt with the credits getting less and less.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ben does a great job. He has owned a lot of teslas. Go to the 9:00 minute mark and watch what he says about the mache.
Basically, he likes the mache the best but is waiting on the EA network to catch up. Over and over we keep hearing this from so many reviewers how they love the mache over the model y. If EA can catch up and get the bugs worked out the mache will put a lot of pressure on tesla. Really like kyle said if don't need DC charing mache hands down. Come on EA get it done.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ben does a great job. He has owned a lot of teslas. Go to the 9:00 minute mark and watch what he says about the mache.
Basically, he likes the mache the best but is waiting on the EA network to catch up. Over and over we keep hearing this from so many reviewers how they love the mache over the model y. If EA can catch up and get the bugs worked out the mache will put a lot of pressure on tesla. Really like kyle said if don't need DC charing mache hands down. Come on EA get it done.
I'm always a little surprised how short-sighted so many reviewers are when saying they wouldn't buy the Mach-E "because of EA". As if it's not gonna be significantly better in a year. What, are these people planning on selling the car in 18 months or something??

Personally, it's gonna be a decade+ vehicle for me, like all my vehicles have been. 5 years from now I can't imagine saying "Damn, I really liked the Mach-E but I didn't buy it because it wasn't perfect for that one road trip I was planning on taking in July 2021". EA will get way better, fairly soon. It's already improved dramatically in the last year.

Plus, 50 weeks of driving near home count for a helluva lot more than a week or two of road trip.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I've looked at the EA maps and while there are some gaps, I'm encouraged by their progress. They had 500 stations with 2,200 fast chargers towards the end of last year. They plan on 800 total charging stations with about 3,500 DC fast chargers by the end of this year. That will fill in a lot of gaps. I think it will continue to get better quickly as the list of CCS compatible cars grows. In a few years, Tesla charging systems could become the Betamax of the charging world.