Retired
Country flag

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
Can you really pay $71,000 for a Model Y? And with no $7,500 tax credit?

And the Technoking still does not make profits on actual vehicle production? OK. o_O
The Model Y has few options, so it's easy to calculate. The performance version is about $60K. Full Self Driving is $10K. Most colors are $1K extra, red is $2K. A towing package is $1K.

There are accessories such as floor mats, but those are in a different category. Wheel packages are expensive, but the performance version includes the most expensive wheels so that's not going to increase the price.

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
After peaking in the 40k's/mo last Jul/Aug/Sep, Tesla US sales have falled into the 20k's/mo since, and haven't recovered since.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/tesla-us-sales-figures/
That's misleading.
Tesla has had a continuous backlog of orders. The factories were labor limited due to covid, including shut-downs. When the U.S. factory reopened, they prioritized U.S. deliveries.

Tesla Q3 2020 worldwide deliveries were 139K, a new record.
Tesla Q4 2020 worldwide deliveries were 180K, easily breaking the previous record.

I waited eight weeks to get a Model Y in November 2020, so I really don't buy into the idea that Tesla was running out of customers after September.

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I'm from rural Saskatchewan and the fact my local autobody shop can repair this vehical, Is amazing and I have a dealer 3 blocks from my house. I had a friend here with a tesla, and the service repair cost for even warranty items was 1000+$ per repair because of the mileage the technician had to drive. He had 4 repairs in 5 years, than sold the tesla because he was fed up with there service. Oh and 1 accident that he had to tow the vehical 5 hours away and leave it for 9 WEEKS. Totally un acceptable

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I liked the first teslas when they came out a few years ago. Super cool new tech and sleek looking cars. After a few years, it seemed everyone near me (greater nyc area) jumped on the tesla bandwagon. I swear I see more teslas driving around and parked than accords.

But I really wanted an SUV and the model X was out of my price range. Even the Y would have been pushing it, and the fact that there's no tax rebate on either one pushed them firmly out of consideration (plus the Y is just not as nice looking as other teslas IMO).

So I went with the MME because it's lower priced, has a tax credit, and is a novel/new design that has not yet saturated my market. Everything else (all the comparison lists, specs, reviews, flame wars with tesla vs other brands, etc) was really irrelevant in my purchasing decision, as I expect it would be for many other first time EV buyers.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ben Sullins always does a great job. Just had to point out in comments the mache awd ext has more range and cheaper than the model y long range. But the rest ben did a great job. It's really a good video and breaks down about auto pilot and how that is not what it is and other great points.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
One of the choices is made by a company being led by a flimflam, upheld by his Stans, ignored by NHTSA and the FTC, and abusive of his workers.
Lots of Tesla hate packed in that one sentence.

I think you ought to stick to comparing the cars. Most of us never get to meet the CEO. :rolleyes:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's misleading.
Tesla has had a continuous backlog of orders. The factories were labor limited due to covid, including shut-downs. When the U.S. factory reopened, they prioritized U.S. deliveries.

Tesla Q3 2020 worldwide deliveries were 139K, a new record.
Tesla Q4 2020 worldwide deliveries were 180K, easily breaking the previous record.

I waited eight weeks to get a Model Y in November 2020, so I really don't buy into the idea that Tesla was running out of customers after September.
tesla sales are down in North America. They have peaked and settled. Elon knew it was coming and why he moved quickly to jump into the bigger Asian market. Smart move. But in North America sales will be in a decline next year with all the extra bev coming out.

It will happen to the mache and any other vehicle also at a certain time.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Lots of Tesla hate packed in that one sentence.

I think you ought to stick to comparing the cars. Most of us never get to meet the CEO. :rolleyes:
You assume I meant Tesla.*

* this time you might not be wrong. ? ?

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Ben Sullins always does a great job. Just had to point out in comments the mache awd ext has more range and cheaper than the model y long range.
Ford upped the range of the Mach-e ext. range and lowered the price?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford upped the range of the Mach-e ext. range and lowered the price?
well, let me break it down for you like I have others. Model y long-range is 50,490. Mache awd ext range is 53,000 with incentives and x plan that anyone can get. So we are 2,500 difference. Factor in the interest rates at 48 months. .9% for the mache vs 2.49% for the tesla.

Then let's use the statices that only 18% of Telsa sold are base white color. So for another color add 1,000 or 2,000 for red for the tesla. Also if you like the white interior which 68% of all tesla sold are with the white interior. You need to add another 1,000.

So my red mache awd ext range with red paint and space grey interior was 53,400 while a tesla model y with red paint and white interior would cost 53,490.

There are over 20 different YouTuber reviews that have shown and Edmonds that the mache awd ext range has more true range than the model y long range. I myself have tested this as my own sister has a model y long range. So again right now the mache awd ext range is cheaper and more range than the model y long range. Just facts.

oops, I have to edit this. I forgot to mention the 7,500 tax credit on top of that. And if you want to get remove of the ugly basic wheels the model y comes with. well, that will cost you 1,000 more also and less range. Sorry forgot that info.

Last edited:

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
well, let me break it down for you like I have others. Model y long-range is 50,490. Mache awd ext range is 53,000 with incentives and x plan that anyone can get. So we are 2,500 difference. Factor in the interest rates at 48 months. .9% for the mache vs 2.49% for the tesla.

Then let's use the statices that only 18% of Telsa sold are base white color. So for another color add 1,000 or 2,000 for red for the tesla. Also if you like the white interior which 68% of all tesla sold are with the white interior. You need to add another 1,000.

So my red mache awd ext range with red paint and space grey interior was 53,400 while a tesla model y with red paint and white interior would cost 53,490.

There are over 20 different YouTuber reviews that have shown and Edmonds that the mache awd ext range has more true range than the model y long range. I myself have tested this as my own sister has a model y long range. So again right now the mache awd ext range is cheaper and more range than the model y long range. Just facts.

oops, I have to edit this. I forgot to mention the 7,500 tax credit on top of that. And if you want to get read of the ugly basic wheels the model y comes with. well, that will cost you 1,000 more also and less range. Sorry forgot that info.
Do I need to budget more money to get rid of the skinny 'pizza cutter' tires on the Mach-e? Or is that acceptable to get more range?

It seems like you had to jump through a lot of hoops to make your case, that's all I'm saying.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do I need to budget more money to get rid of the skinny 'pizza cutter' tires on the Mach-e? Or is that acceptable to get more range?

It seems like you had to jump through a lot of hoops to make your case, that's all I'm saying.
no hoops just fact. The interest rate difference alone is enough to make the model y cost more.
What's wrong with the tires I've put them to the test in more ways than you could imagine. No problems.

But if we are taking a stab about tire size lol, I guess we could say Telsa made a car that looks like a catfish or a man wearing a pair of pantyhose to try to get more range or is that acceptable to get more range?

Simply put with the tesla price increase 3 times this year. Mache is cheaper. That's it that's just it.
Sponsored