EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wipers aren't actually needed - it never rains on Tesla's (according to our admirers from the Tesla Fanboys).
Haha! Cars aren't needed either. A bus pass works for many.

Someday Musk will just hand out a bus pass for a car and Tesla apologists will defend it saying it is a cost saving measure so ELon can get his whole $100B or whatever amount of bonus & take a few humans to Mars Land.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That one is just the opposite for me. I find both MME blues to be disappointing. But the Y's Deep Blue Metallic would be a serious consideration for me. Much richer tone that I wish Ford had offered something close to (like Velocity Blue).

But I'm happy with Rapid Red instead.
Yeah, i reserved a Grabber Blue GT but i would prefer a sapphire blue color.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick question for you or any Tesla owner - Do any voice commands work when you don't have cell coverage? I tried last weekend with a Model Y and couldn't get any commands to work until I moved back into coverage a few minutes later. I tried turning on wipers, turning on the seat heaters, etc. It didn't even recognize words were being said.
I've never been in an area without cell coverage so I can't answer this.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Tesla? Do people still buy them? Really? The style is a bit dated. ?
The Model Y’s amorphous blob styling is something only a mother or a Tesla fan could love. One Tesla fan described it as “understated” LOL. They are the present day Prius: all about the tech and making a statement with that little T - not so much about being an attractive car.

I also think the drab formless styling of the M3/MY may appeal to Tesla fans because it feeds into their fantasy of an autonomous fleet of robo taxis. The MY looks like what you would expect a robo taxi to look like! MME fans want a car that looks like a standout, turns heads, kick-ass ride.

Last edited:

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Do I need to budget more money to get rid of the skinny 'pizza cutter' tires on the Mach-e? Or is that acceptable to get more range?

It seems like you had to jump through a lot of hoops to make your case, that's all I'm saying.
No hoops, the standard Mach-E is better equipped.

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
well, let me break it down for you like I have others. Model y long-range is 50,490. Mache awd ext range is 53,000 with incentives and x plan that anyone can get. So we are 2,500 difference. Factor in the interest rates at 48 months. .9% for the mache vs 2.49% for the tesla.

Then let's use the statices that only 18% of Telsa sold are base white color. So for another color add 1,000 or 2,000 for red for the tesla. Also if you like the white interior which 68% of all tesla sold are with the white interior. You need to add another 1,000.

So my red mache awd ext range with red paint and space grey interior was 53,400 while a tesla model y with red paint and white interior would cost 53,490.

There are over 20 different YouTuber reviews that have shown and Edmonds that the mache awd ext range has more true range than the model y long range. I myself have tested this as my own sister has a model y long range. So again right now the mache awd ext range is cheaper and more range than the model y long range. Just facts.

oops, I have to edit this. I forgot to mention the 7,500 tax credit on top of that. And if you want to get remove of the ugly basic wheels the model y comes with. well, that will cost you 1,000 more also and less range. Sorry forgot that info.
And don't forget $300 for a garage door opener, which is standard on the Mach-E

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Some of the conversation has gone a bit far afield. So I thought I would repost a slightly modified version of my original post:

Why the Mach-E is better than the Model Y:

• More options: RWD/AWD, long range/standard range, select/premium/California Rt1/GT
  • Dashboard display
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
  • Real buttons where you need them
  • Support from local dealers located everywhere
  • $7,500 Federal tax credit
  • 360-camera on the Mach E
  • Garage Door opener is standard
  • More than one color available at no extra cost
  • A dashboard display
  • More comfortable ride
  • Better regen options (both with 1pd and brake pedal)
  • Higher quality interior
  • Better fit and finish

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Wow! I'm constantly amazed at the Tesla hate I see here. I mean, the Mach-e is a good EV but that doesn't make every other EV crap.

We should all be glad we have more good choices to chose from. What a great time to live for people who love EV's!
Well this is a "Why the Mach-E is better than Tesla" Thread

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Some of the conversation has gone a bit far afield. So I thought I would repost a slightly modified version of my original post:

Why the Mach-E is better than the Model Y:

• More options: RWD/AWD, long range/standard range, select/premium/California Rt1/GT
  • Dashboard display
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
  • Real buttons where you need them
  • Support from local dealers located everywhere
  • $7,500 Federal tax credit
  • 360-camera on the Mach E
  • Garage Door opener is standard
  • More than one color available at no extra cost
  • A dashboard display
  • More comfortable ride
  • Better regen options (both with 1pd and brake pedal)
  • Higher quality interior
  • Better fit and finish
Umm, you double counted 'dashboard display' at #2 and #10 position! Replace #10 with my additions below and I'm good with your list. :)
  • Looks better as a CUV
  • Less ubiquitous and more unique than a Tesla. (Teslas are like Corollas here in California.)
  • Longer real life range (? 305 miles vs 2xx ?)

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Umm, you double counted 'dashboard display' at #2 and #10 position! Replace #10 with my additions below and I'm good with your list. :)
  • Looks better as a CUV
  • Less ubiquitous and more unique than a Tesla. (Teslas are like Corollas here in California.)
  • Longer real life range (? 305 miles vs 2xx ?)
I only saw another Mach-E for the first time on the road just the other day more than two months after I got mine. On the other hand, I see a Tesla every single time I go anywhere, usually many of them, and these days there’s a very good chance I will see at least one Model Y whenever I go for a drive.

I think its rarity is a big plus for the Mach-E. As I understand it, Tesla is currently building about 10 Model Ys for every Mach-E rolling off the Ford assembly line. From an owner’s perspective, that’s a great thing for the Mach-E!

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
A Mach - E owner understands car happiness to a deeper level

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think its rarity is a big plus for the Mach-E. As I understand it, Tesla is currently building about 10 Model Ys for every Mach-E rolling off the Ford assembly line. From an owner’s perspective, that’s a great thing for the Mach-E!
Yes. This can be a pretty big factor for some people. I guess there are also people who don't want to stand out from the crowd and for them a Corolla/Civic/Prius or a Model 3/Y is the car.

So far, I've seen only one Mach-e on the road and I live in northern CA! Granted, I work from home and drive much less than usual. I see at least a few Teslas (mostly 3 ) when I drive locally to grocery/restaurants/parks/beaches etc. But no Mach-e.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK