Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicles
2020 Bolt, 2015 B250e
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Use your ABRP and compare the two vehicles on that route.

Kamuelaflyer

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicles
Tacoma, jeep, mach e (coming), Ford Raptor
Occupation
airline pilot
Country flag
The time is from Google, not anything in the video or subsequent releases. While probably a likely value and a relatively accurate speed estimate (50mph), we don't actually know the speed used. Judging from comments on various "news" articles about this, the people that know the speed limits in the area believe the car was keeping up with traffic and probably at the speed limits.

JayTee

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Sales Analysis
Country flag
The time is from Google, not anything in the video or subsequent releases. While probably a likely value and a relatively accurate speed estimate (50mph), we don't actually know the speed used. Judging from comments on various "news" articles about this, the people that know the speed limits in the area believe the car was keeping up with traffic and probably at the speed limits.

It's good enough for me. Based on the evidence there's no way the driver was going 70 miles an hour.

I'm hopeful that the EPA range for the ER RWD is over 300 m.

I'm also hopeful that the 70 MPH tests indicate that that car is comparable to the Model Y RWD.

ajmartineau

First Name
Arthur
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicles
2020 Bolt, 2015 B250e
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I almost never drive the speed limit. I love driving hard on twisty roads like the ones described above accelerating and braking needlessly. ...But when I get down to under 20% battery I'm a hypermiling fool. I often get over 6-13 miles per kWh over a 20 mile stretch of 50mph hwy. That drive from Oslo doesn't mean anything. It was pure marketing. Very smart clickbait by Ford. It has to be a repeatable standardized test.

It was interesting though to go into ABRP and adjust the setting on the Mach-e until it came out with 10-15% battery left at the end of the drive. I think ABRP said I could drive 70mph if I wanted to stop and charge.

Advertisement