Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I belive tesla cutting price by 2k does show that ME does make tesla nervous. Especially now that there are countries where tesla is no longer the number 1 EV. I have to admit I am struggling making a choice. Originally put y on hold for heated steering wheel. Now that I have driven the ME can't decide.
I've got both cars...maybe I can help you decide?

I have a few questions for you

Are you an enthusiast? Do you need to make an emotional connection to the car you drive?

Do you plan on taking many long trips?

What is more important to you, perfect panel gaps, or perfectly executed software?

Does straight line performance mean a lot to you?
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I didn't think of that one. The MME is quieter, rides better, but I do find the seats to be less supportive than the seats in the Y.
This one I didn't think of because I am near service locations for both
This is why I asked about the emotional connection. The MME has shockingly communicative steering so it's constantly relaying information back into your hands about the road surface, cornering loads, what the tires are doing, etc. And this is with garbage all season primacy tires. I can't even imagine the feedback you would get with a real performance tire like the PS4. The Y LR seems to have more outright grip (with OEM tires) and a much faster steering ratio, but it's missing that constant man/machine dialog. That is important to some people.
Y has summon, sentry mode, and the software moves with an apple-like simplicity. I'm still trying to figure out how to sign up for the fordpass charging...why does everything have to be so difficult? Ford does have a really nice overhead camera system that's awesome for parking.

Reactions: UW2

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Drove the Y yesterday to work.

A few more observations:

- The Y regen is a lot smoother and comes to an absolutely flawless stop. No head bobbing or anything like that. It's amazingly smooth

- The ride/handling balance is better in the Ford. The Y is much more stiffly sprung and I have to slow down to like 3mph for a speed bump. On the Y forums there is talk about installing Vredestein tires for a better ride and some people are doing the Mountain Pass performance coilovers for a better ride. I think, as delivered, Ford got the ride/handling compromise better sorted out of the box

- The Y LR is an absolute rocketship compared to the MME first addition. The power is just explosive and I haven't even ordered (via the app) the "boost" tesla offers. It's easy to hit triple digit speeds without even trying when merging into the highway.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
They also cut the price on the LR Y back in July when they still had a large backlog of orders with wait times 2-4 months. Based upon various posts on Tesla forums/groups and the Y tracking spreadsheet, wait times are still 2-2.5 months so at least in the North American regions, the wait times aren't getting much better. It's the same for the Model 3, still 2-3 month wait time.
I pre-ordered the night of the Model Y reveal and, by the time I got my car, saved $1,000 on the car and $2,000 on Full Self Driving (paid $5,000)

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I pre-ordered the night of the Model Y reveal and, by the time I got my car, saved $1,000 on the car and $2,000 on Full Self Driving (paid $5,000)
Us Y owners never got the chance to buy the FSD for $2000 :(

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Drove the Y yesterday to work.

- The ride/handling balance is better in the Ford. The Y is much more stiffly sprung and I have to slow down to like 3mph for a speed bump. On the Y forums there is talk about installing Vredestein tires for a better ride and some people are doing the Mountain Pass performance coilovers for a better ride. I think, as delivered, Ford got the ride/handling compromise better sorted out of the box
Yep, installing mine in a few weeks when it warms up. New wheels, too :)

mpp_susp_modelY_01.jpg

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
One thing about the model y compared to the mache. Is the interest rates are lower with ford than tesla. Also, model Y does not have 36 months of finaincing.

Comparing the model y to the mache AWD EXT the more you look into it the closer the prices really are.

Will take the mache seats any day over the tesla seats.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
One thing about the model y compared to the mache. Is the interest rates are lower with ford than tesla. Also, model Y does not have 36 months of finaincing.

Comparing the model y to the mache AWD EXT the more you look into it the closer the prices really are.

Will take the mache seats any day over the tesla seats.
The last I checked a few weeks ago, the MME Premium Ext AWD was about 3-5k cheaper than the MYLR after factoring in federal tax credit, xplan pricing, and Ford Options Bonus Cash. But the price on the MYLR seems to fluctuate about as much as GameStop stock so my info could be out of date.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Can't believe we got this far into the tread and no one mentioned that the Ford still gets the $7500 tax break.....